OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

If it’s a must have - have you tried scenes with Amp Vol?
Also holding function while turning the encoder flicks amp vol to zero.

3 Likes

For information, Arranger Mutes mute trigs, not fx tails. Usable on a looped pattern.
It’s also possible to use Plays Free Tracks, keeping fx tails.

I’ll say it again, for me the most important improvements would be a personalisation option to make track mutes be trig mutes and not audio mutes, and bpm per pattern or bank.

And today I was thinking about the possibility of new effects, I know it’s very unlikely to happen, but I had this exciting idea: a new delay effect that sends to fx1 in the feedback loop, so echoes become increasingly affected by fx1. And perhaps it could also work with reverbs, so long reverberations could “get weird”.

2 Likes

You can do better with CUE recordings, sent to CUE - > feedback with any fx, with sample mangling feedback = pitch delay, shimmer reverb, feedback with combfilters, screaming distorted filters…

2 Likes

Ah, yes… I haven’t tried that yet, but it makes sense. You’d have to use an additional thru track, right?

Preferably a Flex, letting you pitch, reverse, slice…Octatrack as Rainmaker

1 Like

Another inconsistency that I always forget to add:

Zoom behaviour: If you zoom vertically the last setting is remembered when changing samples or slices, handy when working on many samples/slices in succession, BUT horizontal zoom isn’t remembered and it goes back to default setting, pretty time consuming and somewhat annoying to have to keep zooming back in when for instance editing slice points, so I would prefer it to act the same as vertical zoom and have the last zoom level persist.

And whilst on the subject of editing samples, it would be nice to be able to change sample without leaving AED, additionally it would be nice if when in the AED the current trig mode works for AED - for example if you have slice trig mode then you can change slice in focus by pressing relevant trig key, or if in slots trig mode you can select another sample to edit.

2 Likes

I like the idea about slot and slice mode changing focus…
Do you know if it’s possible to play different samples when in slot mode from an external keyboard? I haven’t tried that yet

Unfortunately it isn’t possible currently - unless we get multi mode for OT, maybe :wink:

1 Like

Cool, thanks yeah multimap would be good aswell. guess I can just use the trigs

Neighbour machine routing options in setup:

Serial - as is currently
Parallel - when using say 3 neighbours they each only take direct from source track, so they can operate independently - a good use case for this would be eq or multiband compression
Group - allows source track to be muted but neighbour will still pass audio unless muted, additionally the source track could be another neighbour instead of the audio track.

6 Likes

LFO to sample slot

2 Likes
  • Envelope follower!
7 Likes

Step preview :wink:

8 Likes

Second this. With the Digitakt/Digitone updates the OT workflow suddenly became noticeably slower…

3 Likes

Prob :wink:

4 Likes

Going to state the obvious (hopefully), and not sure if it’s even possible…but Audio over USB? At the rate the OT pushes, USB 1.1 should be fine bandwidth wise for stereo.

This brought my DN back into my setup with the OT, but it feels weird to use the DN as a mixer for the OT :upside_down_face:

And yea, TRIG + YES as mentioned above would be fantastic as well!

I don’t own a digitakt but been reading about it and it seems that separate sample from you can save parameter settings as “Sounds” so if you lock a Sound to a trigger it switches the parameters saved with that sound? Was thinking it would be great if you could do the same with the Octatrack, lock parameters to sample slots.

6 Likes

Hey I had another idea for a pattern trigs page where you can trigger or launch patterns from the keys and assign patterns across banks to the trig keys and trigger patterns from the trig keys without holding down pattern, basically the arranger but more for real-time pattern triggering.

2 Likes

Would absolutely love to implement “Sounds” and Soundlocks on the OT. It’s probably the only reason I’s consider adding a Digitakt.

Moreover, moving from Parts to a full-fledges Kits system like the othet Elekton’s, along with Sounds and soundlocks, would be a great addition to a Mk3 if that ever happens.

One more pipe dream - in Midi Tracks, the ability to select Audio Tracks 1-8 as a Channel Destination, so that all Midi data on that Midi track is internally routed to the selected track. This probably wouldn’t happen because of possible latency or glitches with tons of Midi data flying around, but it would be fun, and it’d save from having to physically patch it that way.