Octatrack as Rainmaker

Thanks. Watching now.

Thanks, can’t hear decently right now.
And thanks for new OT research challenge!

2 Likes

With a cv to midi module and a quantiser I reckon you could assign the comb filters pitch to some quantised cv.

Never forget you can record it in OT, with quantized length, slice it, keep the best, resample it, etc…
File copy after, no DAAD lost.

2 Likes

I’ve been keen on sezares guitar setup also. This week I’m travelling on business so have OT with me and a PO33, and will spend the time to try the looper/delay/generative with that. Hope to add some thoughts through the week. Good thread.

2 Likes

T1 > Drum loop CUE send
T2 > CUE rec, CUE play, CUE send, plocked pitches, filter, delay
T3 > Neighbor, 2 comb filters, CUE send

Still ? :slight_smile:

Octatrack can be a washing machine too. :smile:

27 Likes

CUE rec means you physically connected CUE OUTs to the INs?

Internal recording, SRC3 = CUE

2 Likes

of course… will try this one out when I am back home!

2 Likes

Wicked! Never tried something like this before … but it sounds - rewarding! :slight_smile: Crazy stuff - perfect for an epic drop of some very different kind :wink: Thanks for the hint!

3 Likes

you’re seriously a mad scientist, thats mental

7 Likes

I own the Rainmaker as well as a Digitakt. Just a note to say that the rainmakers inputs attenuate up until 12 o’clock, and past that they will amplify the signal. This is great as you can plug any gear in directly without worrying about amplifying up to ‘modular levels’.

The rainmaker is great at rhythmic stuff too.

2 Likes

This is why I pushed thru with Octratrack, a whole universe of uses, great ideas here!

3 Likes

It’s been too long since I’ve had my OT… :open_mouth: I tried to explain in that thread how to do a delay using mixer direct for dry but I don’t have my OT to test for exact behaviors, when I do I’ll get back to it. Probably better using a Src3 rather than the inputs for the recording as that setting makes it when a track recorder trig and a recorder buffer trig are placed on the same sequencer step the sample trig play back the sound recorded by the previous trig.

I’ve messed with this stuff before but not enough to give nitty gritty exact parameters and behaviors while I haven’t seen my OT in months… Picture me with my studio set up and I’ll go Octacrazy testing these concepts and reporting specific results… :smiley:

1 Like

That sounds very very cool. Grr I have to go to work for a bit today but I’m trying this when I get home. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m trying to wrap my head round what’s going on here, can you break it down a bit more?

The most unusual thing is the CUE recording with pitch and feedback, it makes a pitched delay. To make it “simple” :
I use CUE send for T1, which plays the drum loop.
I record CUE with T2, and play it with a Flex, Pitch +12, with some TRC at other pitches.
I send T2 to CUE for feedback.

Adding T3 as Neighbor track I send T3 to CUE instead of T2.

Many scene locks, rdm lfos on the 2 comb filters pitch…

I’ll keep some secrets, maybe a video tutorial one day. :christmas_tree:

12 Likes

Would be a nice Christmas gift for our community :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahaha :joy:
Yes!

2 Likes

how are you keeping the feedback under control?