OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

A sine wave for the LFO. Pleeeeeease!

3 Likes

Copy/paste works in the lfo designer. Make a sine wave and store it in a part (i use OTs last banks for presets basically), then you can copy it over in any track’s lfo designer whenever you need it.

2 Likes

While waiting for new waveforms update…:content:

No LFO Sin Wav? - #18 by sezare56

4 Likes

That’s awesome!!! When I made mine it was steppy. Can’t wait to use it!

How do you make a sine wave?

No LFO Sin Wav? - #18 by sezare56

3 Likes

LFO’s need a null target (ie. target nothing). When randomizing the lfo page it would be nice to set lfo’s you don’t want to use to null. As is you either have to have all three doing something useful or you have to turn off the ones you don’t use after each randomize.

2 Likes

MIDI scenes! (sort of)
I know there’s been talk that they don’t want to overload the midi bandwidth so can’t assign the CCs to scenes, but what if we could just have the other MIDI parameters assigned?
Being able to edit the arp with scenes, change LFO speeds etc.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t foolproof but if you assign the LFO to something like filter attack/decay and you’re not using the envelope then at least it won’t do anything to alter the sounds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

indeed, a good work around i’ve used.

1 Like

One thing I’d like to see if to have recorder trigs follow the track scale.

For example, if I cut a loop at 64 steps (RLEN = 64) if I set that track scale to 1/4 I’d want that to match the playback trigs which would repeat every 256 steps (64 x 4).

I was surprised it didn’t work this way, as it would be ideal to double or quadruple the length of recording loops by setting their track scale to 1/2 or 1/4 respectively.

For now I’m using RLEN = Max, but then I have to edit the recordings to make a perfect loop.
The other option would be to allow RLEN to be larger values, so I could just set it to 128, 256, etc.

1 Like

Recording velocity would be great

1 Like

I’d like chromatic mode to allow us to choose the parameter that it changes other than pitch, so we could for example use the 16 trigs to play a sample at different velocities, balance values, filter widths, etc.

4 Likes

Blue Leds on Trigs for Secret Locks. That is Octarack can surprise you with anything. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can choose any trig and randomize any setup page with Yes+SRC, Yes+AMP, …

Spoilsport :slight_smile:

Access to .REX files.

2 Likes

i would like them to change the form factor.

i use OT mostly like mixer from other gear with looper.

i imagine take DigiTakt and expand scale to size of Pioneer or Zone DJ mixer, and make it a 4 channel DJ mixer that you can use with CD/turntable OR synth drum machine…

Pioneer DJ EFX? LOL, cute…

Maybe even bigger, like the size of the 6 channel Pioneer? It do a hell of a lot more…

The Tempest does this and it’s great. For example when you’re in roll mode, have selected 16 velocities and hold down a few pads you can lay down hats with variation in velocity with zero effort. I miss this feature on the OT and Rytm.

On OT don’t you get exactly this with the LFO designer? With interpolation even! 3 per track!

I only wish you could shorten the length like you can on the MIDI arp to make polymetric stuff possible/much easier.