OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

What about dynamic voice allocation like A4 or DN? :loopy:
Well, probably not easy to implement with Ot…

1 Like

Yeah, more scales would be ace!
Luckily, we have all those lovely modes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know what else would be nice? If the LEVEL knob on MIDI tracks was assignable as a CC controller. Then it could be the volume control while rocking other CC knobs on different pages. Seems like an odd choice to not utilize.

4 Likes

I would like a way to know where we are in the pattern. As such it is a bit hard to prepare a transition when you don’t know when will be the end.
In the same idea, i’d like an option to desactivate the CUEd tracks after a pattern chain. So far it is very hard for me to have like 4 tracks sent to CUE, waiting for the pattern’s end and have to rush to uncue the 4 tracks.

1 Like

The display indicates the playback position with the four boxes located directly under the tempo, each box representing a downbeat and then there’s ofc the page leds - together with the chaselight of the sequencer, it works quite well for me.

What do you have in mind which would improve the situation?

1 Like

These boxes are another confirmation that if the OT can play other tempos than 4/4, it is definitely not designed for it.
I don’t really see the use of this indicator.

I always use per track scale mode and i wish there was an indicator that would tell when is the last page or block of 4 pages playing in the case of a pattern of 512 steps for example. Could the Page leds blink fast?

2 Likes

Fast blinking leds sounds like a good solution which should certainly be possible to implement! :thup:

Me too. Especially to record loops.

Apparently not what you’re asking, but I just tried this :

1 Like

I don’t understand the point of the video :sweat_smile:

The slider below the slices is interesting as it is apparently representing the pattern but if i start to have multiple of the patterns i’m lost.

Another request which could seem basic for a sampler would be to be able to choose any start point for any slice. If the slice 2 start point is before the 1, it puts a mess. Same if the end of 1 is after the start point of 2 also i think.

If i want to sample 2 notes on slice and the separate same notes on 2 other slices the OT don’t accept and messes the whole thing.

To show pattern or song position with plocked slices. I don’t know what kind of patterns or scales you’d like, maybe there are possibilities with plocked slices…

Actually I thought before about an Arduino based 4x16 (or 8x8) led grid controlled by OT midi notes to show pattern position, eventually recording (red leds while recording). Or a Deluge? :content:

What we really need i think is an opensource firmware for the OT so all the geniuses around the globe can produce their own forks :wink:

6 Likes

What about a better navigation/info display for the samples? At least different way to class them or a little search engine.

For a sampler it is kind of weird to feel like an Amiga on a Nokia 3310 display.

2 Likes

I promise i try to not overload this thread :pensive:

I’d like more choice than 1st for the conditional trigs, like 2nd, 3rd… sky is the limit.

I know it is possible to work around this with 1st mute then Pre/ but it doesn’t make the workflow very practical.
For the 1:2 & similar i have to say i’m constantly refering to the manual to remember how they work :sweat_smile:

Seems also like the arranger don’t read the tempo per pattern. They have to be set, doing it automatically seems more obvious and fixable.

Not sure if this is a bug or feature request because it works correctly on the MKI but not in the MKII: I’d love for when MIDI sync is set to “receive” and you enable the MIDI track for recording input that it doesn’t start until it receives for the first MIDI message.

Alternatively a real wish is just just allow for the importing of MIDI files to MIDI tracks/patterns.

I would like the OT to be able to retain different modes per track.

Like the Map Tm function but without the need for an external keyboard. It would be a big plus for playing live and even add some speed for composing.

4 Likes

I would like to be able to use trig conditions on rec trigs

4 Likes

No more pattern interruption for pattern copy/paste !

The current model being “Select A, copy, select B, paste”, it forces us to interrupt the playback of A to then copy B. If B is an empty pattern, that means playing nothing, and breaking a live performance.

A more simple model like so: “Select A, save-to B, select B” would allow us to duplicate a pattern without breaking a live performance. It’s how the Beatstep Pro has been handling copy/paste and it works just great.

Hopefully it’s a simple one to implement, I’ve been begging for that for months.

9 Likes

Comb Filter Pitch trig mode (triggers sample and maps cf pitch to chromatic keyboard)

sorry if this has been requested 100 million times already

3 Likes

I don’t have my OT yet, so this is a bit premature :slight_smile: but I wish there was a way to record the master track directly to the card. Basically a static machine in reverse. This would allow long performance recordings directly on the device.

Edit: now that I have my OT, and have used it, this still feels like a valid request.

3 Likes