OT Delete bank?

Hey guys!

Simple question i couldnt figure out with the help of the manual nor google – how do i delete banks?

Any help apreciated, thank you!

Not around my OT right now, but I think deleting the bank through file manager would be best off. Not sure if it would have any side effects, would be best to test with a fresh project. Same method as the following article, just delete instead of renaming or copying.

EDIT: Mainly I’m not sure if the file structure has blank files associated to the banks, if it does, copy/paste the blanks, if not, deleting should be fine.

2 Likes

Answering for the sake of other users that may find this thread:

• If no Parts are saved, then clearing all the patterns within that Bank will reset it

No it wont.
It will clear the pattern data.
But not the part data.

3 Likes

Good catch! So how to delete Parts ?

Parts > Func + Clear on each part.

Otherwise i’m 99% sure that if you delete the corresponding bank files once linked to a computer, the OT will recreate the files as new afterwards. You can try on a copy of the project to check.

1 Like

And it’s probably worth mentioning there are 4 parts per bank. So if you go the route of clearing patterns and parts, you have to do them all, unless you only used one part, in which case 3 are already clear.

Deleting the bank in OT’s File Manager suffice to get a fresh one.

DELETE Bank

YES to confirm

NO to exit file manager and reload project

NO to reload the project despite error. Missing bank file project error is repaired with a fresh bank.

9 Likes

Isn’t that the shortcut to clear patterns ? That won’t clear parts as far as I know

You mean NO, right ? According to what the message says, NO seem to be required to continu

Thanks for the tip in any case !

1 Like

Yes, I meant NO. :wink:
EDITED.

3 Likes