Copy and paste banks in same project possible?

Hi all

Is copying and pasting banks possible? I’ve read the manual over and over and I just can’t find out how to achieve this.

I know there’s the save bank option, but I’m stumped on how to paste that bank inside the same project. I’ve tried a whole manner of button pushes that I thought might do it but no luck.

Then there’s the sample allocation

1: Is there an easy, or any solution to duplicating a bank, finding the necessary samples and getting them into the same places in a new pattern of the new bank? (The reason I ask is I need more patterns at my disposal, scenes can’t achieve what I need so using more parts isn’t an option. )

2: I would assume if I could paste a bank, I could then go back and copy patterns and paste in my new bank?

Thanks

Jamie

Hey, I’ve not tried copying/pasting entire bank settings before, but from the last post on this thread apparently copying Part will maybe do what you need?

http://test.http://www.elektronauts.com/t/possible-to-copy-paste-banks-and-other-project-management-qs/595

Re the sample allocation stuff you mention. I’m not totally sure I understand you’re requirements, but So far I’ve just been copying individual tracks between banks if I want the same settings but new patterns. Don’t know if going that route could help you out? Not sure if you can copy multiple tracks at once to shortest the process if wanting to copy/paste all 8 tracks…

But after reading the post that I linked in my last reply I’m prob gonna look more at the copy/paste Parts idea. Might be a little more elegant…

Cheers bud but additional parts won’t work, I’m running 4 parts already and it gives access to new scenes and samples etc but not patterns, im searching for more patterns and the only way to acquire more is with a new bank.

Thanks though

From memory there are 4 parts in each bank, so I think the guy in that post is suggesting save the bank settings you like to a part (sounds like you already did this), then copy that part in to a new bank :wink:

You can do this in USB disk mode. Let’s say you want to copy bank 3 to bank 5.

1. Go to the System menu and select USB disk mode
  2. Once you see the file system on your computer, go to the project folder you want to copy banks on.
  3. Make a back up copy of the bank you want to copy to if you want be able to go back to it.
  4. Delete bank 5 files (bank05.work, bank05.strd).
  5. Make a copy of bank 3 files(bank03.work, bank03.strd). and rename them (bank05.work, bank05.strd).
  6. Exit USB disk mode

Once you exit usb disk mode, the project will reload and back 5 will be a copy of bank 3.

8 Likes

You can do this in USB disk mode. Let’s say you want to copy bank 3 to bank 5.

1. Go to the System menu and select USB disk mode
  2. Once you see the file system on your computer, go to the project folder you want to copy banks on.
  3. Make a back up copy of the bank you want to copy to if you want be able to go back to it.
  4. Delete bank 5 files (bank05.work, bank05.strd).
  5. Make a copy of bank 3 files(bank03.work, bank03.strd). and rename them (bank05.work, bank05.strd).
  6. Exit USB disk mode

Once you exit usb disk mode, the project will reload and back 5 will be a copy of bank 3.[/quote]
Nice tip, good to know :slight_smile: But if it’s only sample allocation etc that OP needs to duplicate in another bank, isn’t it easier to just do the Part Copy/Paste thing that others mention? I haven’t had chance to try yet but seems straight forward, and no need to connect usb etc. Though maybe I’m missing something and OP needs something that Part copy doesn’t include?

1 Like

From memory there are 4 parts in each bank, so I think the guy in that post is suggesting save the bank settings you like to a part (sounds like you already did this), then copy that part in to a new bank :wink: [/quote]
There are 4 per bank you are correct , yes this method works perfect by the way thanks, just copy part, open new bank, paste, go back and copy necessary pattern etc and paste in new bank. A Bit more convoluted than I’d hoped but it’s just a few button pushes and doesn’t take more than 10 seconds. :slight_smile:
Just have to clear scenes but that doesn’t take long.
Nice one buddy thanks for the input

1 Like

@jim5

Brilliant, this is decent for managing files on the computer, certainly when it comes time for serious arranging of a bunch of tracks for a set

Thanks for the help, I hadn’t seen this in the manual, maybe I am just looking too hard