OT audio routing

That sounds like a plan … this Post will soon appear as the first in a new thread … it sounds as though there are more than a few areas where assumptions and beliefs are wrong (i’m wondering if the assumptions on gain reduction on the inputs is one now) … but we can be lead wrt what we ought to be testing as Olle has some ideas on the commonly held beliefs that permeate the discussions that may be in error … so maybe @Olle needs to assist in defining the right simple tests for us to collectively tease out the desired realisations/facts objectively and get towards the truth and maybe gain some insights on best practice

1 Like

There is no meaningful difference - they both go through the exact same ADC DAC stages - it’s just that one path has the potential to have FX turned on - so what is the distinct difference if the two methods are gained equally ?

But the difference between tru and dir is very big though…
And maybe there are specific settings where this is no problem… i dont like it to be so fragile.

I would love to have an ot, if it is as good as an A4 or ar.
Maybe it is good, i know many people love it…
But i prefer not to use it.

1 Like

I will set up a blind test again for you guys.

What would you like to test so that we can be clear on what is facts and what are myths/hearsay about the different routings in the OT.

Some statements are correct but most are plain wrong and impossible.

Let’s clear this up again and be objective shall we?

8 Likes

Ohhh shhhhiii…:cb:

I think I’d love a test as much as the next person, but at this mo I just have questions:

Ok my first question: [quote=“Olle, post:74, topic:33983”]
blind test again
[/quote]

Where is this so called “test”? Link or it didn’t happen. :wink:

Second (and only real question):

Why the 12dB boost in audio editor? If my mixer is at 30db am I essentially at 42db? If I leave it for loaded audio, has it really boosted it?

THANK you Olle.

Thank you!

Difference between audio on thru track without effects and audio on dir with no track and with same audio as sample

1 Like

Maybe sampled via OT vs audio interface/DAW too.

1 Like

It’s a couple of years back but I’ll find it for you if no one else gets first. It was not directly a blind test but a test if I remember correctly.

Let’s start a new thread a leave this one alone. I’m as eager as you guys to do this. It will be fun :wink:

2 Likes

Or merge it with that terrific/terrible Gain Pain thread…

New subject for OT audio levels ?
Difference with Dir and Thru or Dir and Flex Recording playback?
You agree that it can be solve increasing Gain +12 for Thru and Vol +12 for Flex ?

New subject focussed on objectively getting to the truth about certain statements which occasionally pop up and perhaps need to be settled once and for all

1 Like

Anything to report back yet?

Digitakt, NAMM and clearing up work after the holidays kind of got inbetween. Will get back to it.

3 Likes

Word. Thanks, man!