Osc 1 Feedback

This thread is incredible!
*marked for future explorations.

4 Likes

The A4 is secretly a NOISE Machine!!! I recently found some hidden gems in this box!! Combining it with Ms-20 and Analog Heat, can get some gnarly tones out of it.

2 Likes

I got lost in this tonight, it’s fantastic.
I kept meaning to record but I never felt like I was doing anything on purpose, so it kind of threw me off.
I went down a black hole fer sure.

3 Likes

I have one track on the A4 here doing this technique.
It doesn’t start at the beginning, but it starts early, and once it’s there it last till the end, about 1:24
I downloaded Cocker’s goods and altered them a bit.
Drone city!

16 Likes

NICE track, loved it

1 Like

Thank you!

Nice! I’ve been making a lot of drones lately too, with 4 voices the A4 can get messy :slight_smile:

1 Like

A4 noob here :slight_smile: Used Osc 1 Feedback for the bassline in this:
https://soundcloud.com/the_goldenchild/technoise-wip

1 Like

What a thread :dancer:

my take:

4 Likes

Almost all the links to soundcloud in this thread have died

As the author of the thread I’d at least like to update my original post to contain a working soundcloud link for the Osc 1 feedback example that I originally posted - I think I changed my soundcloud username some time ago and the link no longer works

But I seem to be unable to edit my original post at all

Is this possible?

5 Likes

Post your new link here and I’ll update the OP.

Great!

5 Likes

I have been playing with my new A4 for 2 days now and using it as a fx processor and cv modulator for my Pulsar. But this feedback stuff is really fun:

another one, this time pretty minimal sounds:

8 Likes

Crossposting this here, not sure if that is frowned upon.

1 Like

nice sound! i tried something more subtle but i like the result for a fat moogish bass.
osc1 feedback lil bit slide 12 or 24 semitones plus
osc 2 off turned to 120 and i played a lot with the pw position
osc1 am turned on. filter 2 keytrack in hp or band (freq 52 kt 32)

combine with fast envelopes for more funky bassound

1 Like

Damn. Just found this thread and wish I hadn’t.

It’s making my Syntrx feel threatened (the delicious screeches into big space) and making my Syntakt purchase the other day look a bit foolish (because budget restrictions). Probably should have got an A4 after all.

1 Like

Your work here is so sick, I knew when I heard the first sample that it would turn into something. I flipped it into a dark garage beat. I layered in some of my own A4 feedback too (which was sampled to tape cassette to warm up its harshness).

What a thread!

9 Likes

Yeah! Cheers, great idea.

A4 is still one of the gears that I want to buy again and take a deep dive into. I haven’t really used it that much.

1 Like

This is great!!

1 Like