Osc 1 Feedback

Wow!! I’m loving that bass sound. How’d you do that? That’s the first bass sound I’ve really loved out of this thing! [/quote]
Thanks - I can’t remember how I made it to be honest! Feel free to play with the patch and see if you can work it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8b5iqodt7bos1v/billybass.syx

1 Like

Wow!! I’m loving that bass sound. How’d you do that? That’s the first bass sound I’ve really loved out of this thing! [/quote]
Thanks - I can’t remember how I made it to be honest! Feel free to play with the patch and see if you can work it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8b5iqodt7bos1v/billybass.syx

[/quote]
Thanks!!

1 Like

wow great! thanks a lot!

4am…

thanks…

a lot…

This thread has opened up a whole new world to my A4. Are there any other essential reading threads like this one buried deeper in the forum?

The feedback truly is a bit of an overlooked gem. I kind of like the way it says fuck all about it in the manual but when you start messing with it you’re like… wtf !? how did I miss this?
It goes deep

How are some of you guys getting the more controlled tones with the am feedback? The sounds I’m getting are absolute (glorious) bedlam. Some of the demos posted earlier seemed less hecitc and cluttered than what im getting. I know this is a hard thing to describe but perhaps someone could help.

do you mean amplitude modulation?

if so, the trick is understanding where it is getting the signal from

if you turn on AM1, it does amplitude modulation on osc1 from the pulse wave on osc2

AM2 on the other hand does amplitude modulation on osc2 from the pulse wave of osc1

so in order to really to get a feel for how it works, engage AM1 and then go to OSC2 and adjust the pulse wave…you should hear the change…i.e. make it really slow, etc etc…

3 Likes

You can also adjust the volume level of OSC2 down to zero. That way you can more clearly hear the effect the AM has on OSC1/Feedback. OSC2 will continue to modulate OSC1 but it’s output will be removed from the mix

2 Likes

^ that

I guess I could have been more detailed…for example, when I say make it slow, I should’ve said, try turning down the tuning of the osc doing the modulating…this assumes you already have the volume of that osc at 0

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

my take on this:

sysex available in following message

2 Likes

Here is the sysex file for the above sound.

2 Likes

…hi a4 fellows…

i heard some of the most impressing sound examples in this thread…

and the very fisrt one by the op himself was even mindblowing…

now i got an a4 since three weeks in front of me and i simply can’t get it done…

can somebody point me to the right parameter page…where is this osc1 feedback!.?

where’s the trick and what am i missing here…?

sorry…might sound blind and stupid, but i really can’t find out where to go from here…

Guidance would be handy here also. Can find the Feedback option just fine on Osc 1, but what should I be dialling in elsewhere and on Osc 2 to bring the goodness?

…i got to push this…

i’m aware of the fact that this question sounds like…could please somebody give me a lesson in synthesis…

but it’s not that bad, really…got my a4 only since three weeks…and it’s the same as it was with the ot…not much time to discover yet…forced to get certain results pretty fast…

i just can’t get there but really would love to do so…as said, especially the first example would make a great opening scape for a new show i’m working on…

forgive me, if you see me unable to work out the sysex examples…

could somebody take me by the hand and show me where to start with all these beautiful feedback osc magic, please…

As much as i’d love to sit down and describe exactly what I did for the first patch, I’m up to my eyes in work these days and haven’t really much time to spare

However,

All the parameter settings are in the sysex patches though

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kom3h66fg0lqkos/R_JHkLvUuM

If I remember correctly I placed a trig on the first step. Set the BPM really low
at about 30 I think. Pressed play and messed about with Hi and Lo Pass filter cutoff.

1 Like

…thanks for your reply…

just did’nt see the forest within all the trees, i’m afraid…

…yesterday i finally realised where the osc feedback comes in to play…
and as you said…quite a hidden feature…in the machine…AND in the manual…

don’t dare to proceed with that sysex patch…for now…will give it a try once i’m firm with all the backup procedures…but thanx for letting out…
much apreciated…

Thanks OP, filter feedback is well fun and I hadn’t explored it much til I saw this thread last night.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

So Fricking Good! Never even played with the feedback yet. That’s my weekend sorted :+1:

Wow, this thread has given me great insights, hadn’t bothered to use the feedback as of yet, wow that can get vicious!!!

I played around with a two random LFOs on the ladder and the HPF1 filter, crazy! Thanks for the tips guys.

https://soundcloud.com/greenborder/elektron-analog-four-feedback-drone

2 Likes

sweeeet jesus! that is seriously dope! … anarchist drone from hell drops dead bats into a cradle … that is what I would call that song … anyways… please more info how you created this! I played around with a two random LFOs on the ladder and the HPF1 filter, crazy! Thanks for the tips guys. … MORE MOREM OREOROMOERMOEMROE info