Osc 1 Feedback

Thanks jepek. Just one pattern playing 64 steps.
Recorded live with mute/unmute tracks along the way. :+1:

1 Like

oh, that’s fantastic, really sweet little vignette - some of the pitches that pop up are amazing, very musical, honest and controlled

Thanks cortega. Here’s the sysex files of three patches. All pretty similar. Think the first one is the one from my original post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kom3h66fg0lqkos/R_JHkLvUuM[/quote]
Many thanks :joy: :+1:

This!
I started a tutorial thread for moments like this.
Would love to see some vids :confused:

just brilliant, shows you just how brilliant a total package the A4 is when you can produce finished tracks like this so convincingly, you need to point it in the right direction first, i like this direction
like u say, very interesting thread !

2 Likes

Great thread I forgot to add!!!

.Great Cocker.

really really nice!

You guys are mad scientists.

1 Like

Really great stuff guys. Going to have to try this.

12 Likes

^ Some rhythmic fun with Osc Feedback :joy:

1 Like

lovely track you’ve made there.

i can’t wait to apply this

I find myself going over to Osc1 and setting it to feedback more and more. It’s so much fun! When i rebel against a sound i’m creating i turn on feedback and f*** it up, and something cool happens every time.

Really good! That bass is so nice and round. Almost like an FM bass.

Thanks a lot :joy:

I was trying to emulate the two-oscillator bass sound of a Roland SH-101, which itself can sound quite FM-like at times.

Once the new OS drops I’m going to hook my A4 up to a PC. I’ll share the sysx of that bass sound when I do.

wow - masterful stuff - calling it a first ‘jam’ is a bit modest, no ! :wink: - some of those sounds are incred - assuming the angry lead stuff was the mt - i have two too - how did you hook 'em (read sync) up ? but i guess that’s not mt drums, so cv then …

wow ! can’t wait to try this . you guys do awesome stuff !

i was already very happy with the a4 but it seems i have been missing the free lunch ! this is exactly the kind of stuff i like :slight_smile:

wow - masterful stuff - calling it a first ‘jam’ is a bit modest, no ! :wink: - some of those sounds are incred - assuming the angry lead stuff was the mt - i have two too - how did you hook 'em (read sync) up ? but i guess that’s not mt drums, so cv then …[/quote]
You’re too kind. I certainly feel more like an apprentice than a master. Maybe I got lucky with my first few sounds and everything I do from now on will be naff! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Everything is A4 apart from the sliding chord sounds, which is two Monotribes with identical patches. I hooked them up with Daren’s magic cables. I think my next track will give the MTs more bass and lead duties and free up the A4s tracks for percussive/atonal experimentation.

Anyway, I feel like I have hijacked this thread. My ‘angry lead’ sounds rely heavily on OSC feedback, which is my excuse for posting it here. I’m excited to hear what others have created with similar techniques.

Wow!! I’m loving that bass sound. How’d you do that? That’s the first bass sound I’ve really loved out of this thing!