Osc 1 Feedback

I think I have atleast 2 feedback oscs doing their damage in every single pattern I’ve made on the A4 since I got it, a real nice source for those ugly-but-unique sounds and grit. My god, the grit… For graining up a kickdrum I place a track with osc 1 set to Neighbour and osc 2 to Feedback osc and place that after the kick. some tweaking and careful setting of the levels of each osc and th kicks go from banging to earth shattering real fast :slight_smile:

If the new machine indeed is an analog Machinedrum I REALLY hope they implement the Feedback osc into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TrondC you set Osc 1 to neighbour ? i think only Osc 2 can set to neighbour .

Off, you are of cource right :slight_smile: Osc 1 feedback and Osc 2 neighbour!

1 Like

@Cocker… your patch sounds realy awesome, could you tell us a lttle bit more how you made it ?

Thanks cortega. Here’s the sysex files of three patches. All pretty similar. Think the first one is the one from my original post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kom3h66fg0lqkos/R_JHkLvUuM

3 Likes

This is really cool…big Thanx to you
greeetz from Bremen

No problem. I learned as a child that Bremen is known for it’s musicians :joy:

1 Like

Oh crikey - I’ve just been having a play with this. Quite simply, WOW.

good stuff!

This is one of the best features of the A4. So rewarding to find a sweet spot on the overdrive and drift gently either side of it with an LFO.

1 Like

Y’all need to post some of what you’re doing. Just wee snippets even. I’ll try get a few new bits posted later myself

Agreed. I’ve been playing with this the past few days but so far it’s quite uncontrolled noise. Admittedly, nice noise!

But, some tips on settings and multi-tracking this technique would be awesome. Anything close to the previous video I posted would be great!

When I get a camera & more proficient, I’ll make some too.

OH/

This self-oscillations are awesome and thanks to the uploader! i’ll try your setup soon :wink:

This is my brief test trying a way to find out an answer to the request for a [i]dolphin sonar http://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-four-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving/1853/13319/page:1#13319[/i]

Ihope you like it Avantronica, even a tiny bit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It needs a bit more of control…i was just searching for a tuning,the dolphin reacted only to certain frequencies :kiss:
It’s a one bar-3 trigs-pattern with some performance mode by 3 knobs and 2 tracks, the second being neighbor, also some live played keys, plenty of errors.
But for me something happens!! :slight_smile:

!!! 5 min and more long…!!!

9 Likes

S_p_E_c_T_a_C_u_L_a_R!_
did you just record that in the ocean ?
:wink:
i was particularly thinking of the dolphin as geiger-counter type sound, but you’ve got it all covered, very impressive sound design, bravo !
nice composition too :+1:

2 Likes

thanks a lot!! i appreciate a lot yours, just because i respect you so much (and others too of course =)!

I did really few for this patch.
the magic is in the beautiful intermodulations that happens in all Elektrons and especially here in the AF !

WoW…since day 4 with it…it’s gorgeous and plenty of joy.

now you really are showing off :wink:
fantastico !

I love how organic the filters sound. Bellish och throatish!

Here are some fiddeling with feedback. All four tracks with parameterlocked filters and one permormance parameter locked to all four feedback levels.

3 Likes

Nice!
Space is calling! from a busy neon plasma planet :alien:

Wow! These sound great.
Now we’ve got a solid thread going.

Been busy last few days but finally got around to adding some stuff to what I was doing in my first post.

Added a few beats (made using the feedback Osc of course) :+1:
The hat sound is just noise with short envelope.
There are 2 tracks of feedback (1 with fx and 1 dry)

17 Likes

@sicijk
Yeah, extraterrestrial plasma waves calling :alien:

@Cocker
That sound really good! Do you use the song mode there?
Super nice cicuit bent sounds towards the end!