OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

Absolutely wow. And I don’t even have a DT haha. I just skimmed through the new manual. There are loads of nice workflow improvements/tweaks to be found. For example:

15.7.3 REMEMBER SUBPAGE
Will, when selected, remember which PARAMETER page’s subpage you last used and access this page again the next time you press the same [PARAMETER] key. Use the [YES] key to toggle this setting. (ON, OFF).

14 Likes

It’s always been said the AR is maxed out CPUwise.

And I can see Elektron not bringing over any of this as there was very little difference between them regarding the sample engines. Thats not the case anymore.

I am just floored by this update!

Seems like Elektron really took that user survey from back in January to heart.

Way to listen to your users and take a machine that was already great, and make it amazing!

10 Likes

Just came here to say: WOW
Great job Elektroneers!

2 Likes

Oh my godddddddd what a beautiful thing to wake up to. I literally just sold my AR and bought a Digitakt (for the second time) last week. Amazing update, so many things I’ve specifically wished for, thank you Elektron!

8 Likes

They also claimed that to be the case for OT before the massive 1.40 OS dropped. And the same thing was said about DT before this one dropped. Have faith in the Elektron wizards!

22 Likes

After this update, I’m not sure I’ll ever believe that answer again.

12 Likes

Damn, a real shame if that’s the case, a second LFO and DN-style second filter would be the icing on the cake for the Rytm.

1 Like

What the freaking f. Was just banging 136 bpm raw techno for the first time and still shakin, just take a breath, a drink and grabbed my phone… news?? dt update… what? And what? No…seriously? Bongers

4 Likes

Did Elektron claim nothing could be done with the DT? I never paid attention…

And yes @craig has a point.

2 Likes

Great update, so many necessary features, as if the guys from Elektron got into my head and from there they got what I wanted so much, thanks to Elektron!

I heard about a cool new feature coming in 2.0

FWIW - Here’s my quick casual run-through of the major features

11 Likes

Well this is pretty mind-blowing.

1 Like

As others have said, fantastic update. The extended pitch range is really pretty cool also, plenty of scope to create lengthy atmospheres/field recordings, pitch up 3 octaves, transfer to the DT, pitch back down 3 octaves and you’re not chewing up so much of the plus drive.

I’m so excited by this that I almost don’t care that we’ll be getting thrashed by the English at the old soccer-football tomorrow…

2 Likes

Yeah, the changes to LFO wave and phase are quite good.

Modern masterpiece!!!

12 Likes

Digitakt users will be very happy.

20 Likes

My DT has been shelved for a bit and I was considering selling it, but not anymore. Thanks Elektron! These are updates we can all use. :grin:

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes