Organizing sounds - favorites - multiple edit - tips

Hi !

I have been using my brand new analog four all weekend and read most of the manual and just bought the cookbook.

Now i know the c6 app is very limited but i was wondering how do you guys arrange your sounds?

Here are my issues :

• i tried to add one of the presets sounds to the “favorite” category and the sound was somehow lock protected.

• i added the free sounds from elektron website : bass, kick, lead, fx etc… But none of them are linked to categories which makes it impossible to search easily.
    It would take ages to edit them through the analog four. Is it possible to to it via mac?

• also what if i want to delete 128 sounds at once? Can they be all selected ?

If any of you have tips, i would greatly appreciate it!

This machine is sounding amazing :slight_smile:

Manu

Hi Manu,

wich Os is installed on your A4?

if you have the latest verion installed like 1.1 its possible to select all sound togehter and delete them.

Press Function+sound, then use the arrow keys to go to “sound manager”. Hit yes.

Now all triggers from the sequencer lights up. Use this triggers to navigate trough your sound banks.

The first trigger from the left is bank A for example.

Same here, use the arrow keys to browse a sound. If you got one you like to delete or rename, use the right arrow key.

To search or filter sounds, use the left arrow key.

1 Like

Hi Floppydisk Pirates !

You answered my last question perfectly !

I use the latest os and i have had no problems so far to rename sounds but it seems so long to do it for multiple sounds.

Now, like i said, when uploading new sounds with C6 (the ones you can find for free on elektron website) they had no category tags attached to them.

Seems like i have to tag them within the analog four One by One RIGHT?

Thanks for the great tip on how to delete multiple sounds at once ! I have to try that !

Ps : I have been thinking of getting your sound pack ! The sounds provided on soundcloud are CRAZZY !

M

Hmm, electron has not yet updated their free patches?

But it’s a lot of work too. I had to do it for my “BPM Sound Pack” also afterwards, which lasted two hours.

But to name each patch was much more worse.

And do not ask about the export with c6 of each individual patch, that you must name again on the pc^^

And right now I’m working again on a new sound pack and always thinking of new names is hard … I do not know if I can stand it again 130 times :wink:

I think in the given tags could be listed “ARP”. But that’s just my opinion.

I’m very glad you like my sounds. I rarely get feedback :disappointed:

Thank you!!!

-Janosch

1 Like

Ha!

So it is only through the A4… What a pain! Would be so wonderful to get a real application where each sound could be easily dropped to its place and tagged wihin clicks… Then export that whole file through c6.

Anyhow, i have to buy that bpm sound pack if it is already tagged :slight_smile:

Then i can give some real feedback !

Thanks for your help,
I have to do some cleanups, the sounds from elektron are ok but if not tagged i will only keep few.

I still can’t find a very big and soft kick drum while editing the A4… Designing the kick is tough :slight_smile:

M

it is possible to edit tags for multiple sounds at once, i just worked it out downloading the Atmospheres pack to my A4 and then adding the ‘atmosphere’ tag to each sound.

in the sound manager, locate where you saved the sounds, then select each sound by pressing YES (a little tick should come up in front of name). once all selected you can press >, then EDIT TAGS which will apply to all selected sounds.

easy!

1 Like

Yep, this is what I do. You can also use the same technique to unlock the factory sounds. So, if for example I want to mark several factory sounds as favorites, I just tick them all in Sound Manager by pressing yes, then choose Unlock, then Edit Tags -> Favourite -> Save, then (optionally) Lock.

2 Likes

What cookbook?

1 Like

Something on Apple Store etc iirc

Anyone have the link to the .pdf version?