Open Challenge #7: Voting Closed

I think this a great idea. Running with it a little, maybe having themes chosen by the winner would lead to interesting and complementary submissions - for instance harmonic, discordant, or single instrument drones

2 Likes

Just paulstretch your favorite ones into an hour, or maybe ten!

4 Likes

Ta. 1 min tracks are definitely a challenge to mix, especially when quite a few of them cut out abruptly. Also made it unnecessarily hard by using timecode vinyl. Fun to do though, and at least no need to beatmatch.

2 Likes

Excellent drones everybody ! I enjoy playing several at once and using the volumes on the build in player to fade them in/out and mix them with eachother.

Makes me wish that these were all released as a mega drone sample pack :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Click on the three dots on the player, you can download the clips.

2 Likes

One more day to cast your vote. The winner will be announced Saturday and will get to host the next open challenge.

3 Likes

Vote cast. I went for @myrtorp in the end. Very much enjoyed the BOC MHTRTC style rising note trills in the background. Solid efforts all round.

3 Likes

The first voting round is closed, it’s a tie at the top and since the votes are so spread out with this many submissions, let’s do a round two, letting the top 4 drones go for a head-to-head drone battle.

I’ll make a new thread for this today.

The finalists are the top 4 out of 48 submissions: @LyingDalai @jefferymac @sid6581 @Fin25

So to be fair, the votes you got will stand, the votes of round two will be added.

Well done finalists! :boom:

3 Likes

(Damn, checking the votes I inadvertently picked @Microtribe. Sorry.)

I can setup the poll, if you’re ready @MarcD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please go to ‘Voting Round 2 - Finals’ to cast your final votes.