Open Challenge #7: Voting Closed

Just listened to all submissions this morning, so many good and worthy drones that picking one was admittedly difficult. Enjoyed all the good work though! ::boom: :facepunch:

7 Likes

Makes sense. I wonder whether, if we end up with several submissions with 2 or 3 votes, it would make sense to move to a second-round runoff with, say, the top 5?

1 Like

That’s a good idea, let’s see where it stands towards the end of this voting round and decide from there.

2 Likes

I’m still listening. I have a the final post to go through still. So far the short list is not very short! Very few have been winnowed out by the first run through. It’s going to be tough/somewhat aribtrary to pick one

2 Likes

Voting is open for one more week, open to all members, but especially if you participated it would be great if you pick your favorite and cast a vote. With this many entrées we need a lot of votes to reach consensus, cheers everyone!

3 Likes

Still got to vote. Just for fun had a go at mixing. Done live in Traktor scratch. Pretty random track order tbh, and didn’t have time to check what I was playing when, so feel free to add a comment when you hear your drone coming in…
Couldn’t download most of the Soundcloud ones (bar @LyingDalai) so not included (soz).

12 Likes

Challenge 6 was a drought, challenge 7 Flood.

Quite funny to see see both ends of the participation spectrum so close together.

4 Likes

…just did the same here, i accidentally selected @LyingDalai in the poll whilst the page was loading but i’m just starting to listen to the tracks now…means i’ll be able to vote for just one track in the first poll :expressionless:

1 Like

Just tell ask @MarcD to not count your vote and choose your favorite, I think it shouldn’t be too hard to remember :slight_smile:

Whoever the winner is, it will be a hard task to find a brief that seduces as many users, anyway :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s accidentally a solid choice :sunglasses:, so no worries, but if you have other wishes we can make it work in the final count.

1 Like

it is indeed and so are all the other tracks, been pretty hard to choose one
well done elekdronauts :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ll help make it easier.

Choose mine.

8 Likes

I finally had the time to listen to the rest of the entries and vote last night. For me, it was impossible to determine a winner as I do like every entry. They all bring something interesting (pure analog, stereo width, great short story, …). So, I had to do it randomly and @craig was the chosen one. Congratulations everyone! Great Challenge, great snippets.

3 Likes

My vote went to you last week, so let’s call it even :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw that. I didn’t know there was a reveal after voting, it was hilarious. Thanks @craig and @hallucigenia !

I have to say that the Binaural thing on the Super 6 brings a very pleasant Stereo Image to the sound and you can craft it to your taste.

3 Likes

That’s what interests me most about Super 6, and Matriarch with its stereo filter and delay.

1 Like

I know–that’s why I was arguing for some kind of runoff or ranked-choice voting: it was so hard to pick a “winner”! I had a list of at least 10 that I listened to over and over, but yes, that stereo width was what made my decision in the end…

1 Like

We should do a 1-minute drone challenge every month. Three weeks to submit your drone, one week to vote on your favourite. It could even make for an awesome Bandcamp compilation album at the end of each year.

8 Likes

UDO would be pleased to hear this.

Nice job. I thought with each drone being quite short it might feel a bit disjointed, but it was a fun listen actually.

1 Like