Open Battle #4 - Mix first, ask questions later(ed)

Two days to go, reverb wankers.

4 Likes

How did I miss this? I’m going to try and jump on this tomorrow. If you don’t hear back from me, I’m either dead or still making embarrassingly shit music.

8 Likes

Dang, that month flew by.
Total creative slump as well…

1 Like

Snuck this one out tonight. An extension of a few ideas from a Deluge couch session.

Delay from Matriarch and Bluebox. Minimal arrangement, fading in and out parts using the Deluge song view and SiX. Recorded into H2N with (of course) no post-processing.

10 Likes

That was the bees knees’ bees knees. Excellent.

1 Like

Happened what happened.

Jamming on Digitone + Octatrack

No thinking, no planning
No editing, no mixing
Only live playing and silly things.

Gore tek®

Edit: track disqualified, I pushed the no-thinking instruction too far and forgot the no-reverb rule.

11 Likes

hopefully this works, I can change it from private if needed. Everything mixed live but I did use a hard limiter in my recording program to just get the levels up to more normal levels with out worrying about clipping… which is maybe slightly cheating or something.

1 Like

This is all done in one take in Reaktor with its built in recorder. There is reverb on the track, but I built it myself with lots and lots of delays and filters, so I think that gets a pass. 100% homebrew sequencers, synths, fx and dynamics processors

Soundcloud is murdering the high end on this unfortunately

4 Likes

really digging this track

1 Like

Lovelovelove those bass stabs that start around 1:10. excellent track, super heavy

1 Like

A lot of cool tracks in this challenge. I’m bummed I didn’t see this before today or I would have taken a stab at it. Oh well, there’s always the next one.

1 Like

Just make one anyway… art of not giving a shit.
Post it here, bollocks to the deadline.

4 Likes

Given that I haven’t even started mine yet I’m happy to push the deadline back a bit.

5 Likes

I would sheepishly raise my hand and ask for an extension on my assignment, Teach…
The dead people at the cemetery ate my homework…
But dont do it on my account… i had the time and failed to complete the assignment…
I would love to contribute though…

2 Likes

I have to redo my track, I forgot the reverb detail and might have used it while unctrl-alling… (relistening: it’s actually everywhere!)
So I’m all for an extension too.

1 Like

I did notice the reverb… I thought you had forgotten to turn it off :wink:

Who needs Perkons when you ve got MD and a distortion pedal? :wink:

1 Like

Ban this cheater! :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Listening to it the other day i had actually forgotten about the verb rule…

1 Like

At least I made it clear that thinking was not part of the process!

2 Likes