Open Battle #10 Steamy Shellac

Ok! I did my best to mangle the shit out of the train sounds with time stretching (E520 Hyperion) and filtering (Rossum Morpheus).

4 Likes

anymore for anymore?

warning: steam powered sexual device content

3 Likes

here’s my take on the Shellac :smiley_cat: was going to add some visuals too but didn’t manage to, so not much to see in there. all the sounds are from the supplied recordings except for a pad at the beginning of the track

6 Likes

9 Likes
steam poll

0 voters

a few days then the coal supply is drained

2 Likes

I was interested in, came back home recently, deadline not reached, nevermind. I planned a Risset like stuff.
Were in 1814 already ? :content:

(was scrolling down the list with my thumb and a vote was cast by error…)

Pretty sure you can remove your vote and correct it.

1 Like

Thanks. Tapping on the one selected doesn’t do much. No idea how I can undo that. I was interested in this challenge (not really surprising but I thought it’d be a good OT learning experience) but the deadline was too short.

Anyway, I’ll listen to all the submissions and vote for real :slightly_smiling_face: (Sorry if my real vote changes my ghost vote!)

Just tried it myself.
Just vote for someone else. It simply changes your vote. Easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

georgestephenson was in the list ha. So changed to this one for now.

couple of days to listen and enjoy and openly vote for your fave steam twizzler. submissions are open forever as well so feel free to add some sounds if inspired.

pretty comprehensive history of steam sounds recording and music:

i like to imagine percy grainger would’ve been posting in current sounds if he were born in todays era. for an 18 year old composer in 1901 this is fucking mental.

and, i’m done with steam for another few decades. actually i just steamed some bao buns.

so currently a draw between @Microtribe and @1-2 with 4 votes apiece.

i’m gonna call it at 12:00 GMT, so any votes in next 3 hours could swing it.

what. a. thriller. :tada:

2 Likes

so in an absolutely unprecedented shocker both @Microtribe and @1-2 have 4 points each.

Which means you both have to duel to the death or play rock paper scissors or joint host the next open battle or something.

8 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

I say, BATTLE!

Collaboration in process… stay tuned for open battle 11.

1 Like

Shame, I had some wicked ideas for yous to duel it out.

1 Like

Thanks for the votes, @1-2 and I have had a natter and come up with the next challenge, go here and do it.