nice track @dcsux :+1:

looking forward to listen to other entries too

1 Like

:pray:
:hugs:

here’s my take on this one, hope you’ll like it :smiley_cat:

edit: A4+AR

12 Likes

as the deadline for this Open Battle is/was today and so far there have been only two entries, i think we could give an extra week, starting from today, for others that want to join in or haven’t had time for this…

hopefully there’ll be few more submissions by then; there’ll need to be some voting to be done at the end as well, would be nice to have something like @LyingDalai used for the first OB

next/last deadline is one week from today: Friday 28th

4 Likes

Tag me again when you’re ready for this :slight_smile:

Nice!
The time sig lends a proper disorienting/unsettling feeling which is complimented nicely by the trippy video.
Could imagine a few people losing their marbles to this at 5am in a dim basement somewhere.

1 Like

glad you liked it @dcsux

:laughing:

Ok, finally got some time to record something for this, and I probably won’t get any more time between now and next week so here goes :slight_smile: More experimental than I had envisaged at first, 0-coast and Strega cross-patched and being sequenced by a five step sequence on a 0-ctrl

9 Likes

Here’s mine. A track called Power of Five. It’s a series of 50-step patterns performed live on the Machinedrum, one of several GND machine only jams I’ve done over the past month or so.

17 Likes

Nice sounds! The video works really well with it, too

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah I think the video (from archive.org) was a nice find. Just love that grainy, hazy 70s colours and feeling in that! Usually “home videos” like this include a lot of people, and understandably so, but this clip was mostly about the wonderful (West Coast) views shot from inside a car.

two other nice tracks in here @spikysimon and @korpinen, three minutes (well, six actually :smiley: ) went by really quick.
the video you added fits nicely with your track @korpinen, at times gives a sort of a spooky feeling :ghost:

3 Likes

for those that might still want to join in, there’re just a few more days left before this OB reaches the finish line. the deadline is Friday 28th

1 Like

Cool for the deadline extension as I’m not ready yet. I’m aiming for 5 patterns of 5/4 using only 5 tracks of a model:cycles :wink:

1 Like

Here’s my submission, sequencing internal sounds and MM2 from the Blackbox :slight_smile: a great experience to get to know the BBox better

My first attempt went way over the 3 minute time limit. Figured I’d share it too :slight_smile:

Thanks for the prompt! Always good to stretch the creative mind :hearts:

6 Likes

I’ll submit my project in a few hours if that’s still good.

1 Like

sure that’s not any of AFX unreleased tracks? :smile_cat: nice, i like the way you use the panning on this one @Affectionate-Bee-781

1 Like

take your time @qlamerand
the deadline accounts for those in Honolulu too, which means there’s still a full day for it :laughing:

1 Like

is there anyone that needs an extra deadline extension for this one?
if not then it’s going to be voting time