OP-XY/Z User Thread

I hope so, too. It would feel right at home on the OP-1f.

Dude yes! Similar taste and thoughts on all these engines.

I was also close on the Reface YC and/or CP and realized I’d rather go OP-XY and put those engines to use within this system. The refaces do a great job at accurate emulation of certain sounds, but I loved the EP and Organ engines on the regular Z. Really great in their own way, they achieve the sounds I desired once I stopped thinking “how can I get the most accurate sounding Wurlitzer” , etc.

Anyway, I put in an order for an OP-XY earlier today. Hope to get it this week!! Stoked for this thread and obviously stoked for the XY.

I’m wondering if it’ll replace my OP-1F or if I’ll try to justify keeping them both

Edit: as someone else on elektronauts said, I also received a big boost of motivation to purchase after watching the Mile Tyson fight. Seeing a 58yr old dude get in the ring and look absolutely old gave me at least 1 big ‘fuck it’ coupon to go for something that makes me happy lol so thanks Mike

1 Like

You can discuss XY prices in this thread.

4 Likes

Right, I didn’t know that was the naming convention. I think it was a time issue.

In earlier FWs you had to hold the player button and use the encoders, it wasn’t latching.
So that meant that you couldn’t parameter lock. But it is on feature request board to be able to p-lock players.

Yes you can manually set a scale in brain

This on the feature request board as well. Hopefully we can get some more options.

3 Likes

Since the multi-sampler is now able to read wave meta data (note/loop information) I have done a feature request to import a complete folder with (max 24) samples to be placed automatically across the key-zones according to the wav files note data.

They liked the idea and would look into it :wink: Fingers Crossed.

10 Likes

For the ones interested in some sample expansions and more presets.
I have released my first 2 XY sound packs:

Vintage Synth:

Classic Rompler

26 Likes

Yes thats what id love.

Sounds great. Are you happy so far with it? Compared to your past gear where would you put it?

1 Like

:rocket:
Insta purchase for sure!

3 Likes

I was never interested in TE, and certainly not in their higher priced devices. But the ability to play multisamples really caught my attention (and my GAS receptors). In addition to the unique creative features the OP-XY is offering.

has this one been posted?
windowbed’s stream

What’s different between OP-Z and OP-XY? (stream)

Thank you so much for the support mate!

Thanks! It’s top segment stuff and I am happy with it. Comparing to other gear? I am the wrong guy to ask since I love it all. I got my OP-Z out of the closet yesterday and there was a whole album on it which I forgot to record and had so much fun recording/performing it.

After having played with only the XY for a month I also felt right at home with the Z again :wink:

12 Likes

i did a similar thing last year. Where i had used the OP-Z for midi stuff and i realized that i had basically a whole live set with doodles sitting in a project slot. so rearranged the patterns a bit and then made a 25 minute live set with them.

its funny how accessible the Z is (if you feel at home using it that is)

4 Likes

@rephazer I don’t know if anyone asked yet, but is there any convenient way to import your OP-1F soundpacks to XY (without having to multisample them manually)? If not, are you planning to reissue those packs for XY? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there is currently no convenient way of importing the OP-1F sounds into the XY yet. It’s one of the first things I asked for (backwards compatibility) and T.E. said they will look into it after release. I can imagine them making some sort of software editor/webpage for this like their current OP-1 drum-kit editor.

The problem for the synth sampler sounds is that the effects on the OP-1 are inserted on a patch which makes the effect part of the sound and that is also saved within the patch. On the XY there are send FX so I am afraid the sounds will always sound different and I can therefor not guarantee compatibility or a faithful reissue of those packs.

Edit: I did put some of the OP-1 Field sounds that do not rely that much on FX into the XY sound packs I have available and there are quite some Field Broadcast sounds included as XY factory content, but packs like Field Path for example are very hard to reissue. Cheers!

3 Likes

I AM feeling it. I think it’s fantastic . It’s everything the op-z field was supposed to be and more. (one day I’ll get it on sale but as you said meanwhile I have a new op1f+ko2)….

2 Likes

Looks like there’s a highpass filter accessable via the preset settings? It also has a width adjustment at the bottom? Is that stereo width and can you narrow stereo presets down to mono this way?

@MichaalHell or @rephazer, can you confirm that it works like that?

1 Like

:eyes:

yes that is stereo width, it basically makes the notes bounce around in the stereo field… its great that its a fixed setting for that so that you don’t have to occupy the LFO for that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Yes, every channel has a high pass filter next to a resonant filter.
width is stereo width and not for narrowing down to mono.

3 Likes