OP-1 field

Perfect Circuit has them in stock…so tempting…I really need to wait for my “bonus” but I really miss the one I tried for a week. AUGH

2 Likes

Nice article. Agree on all points. Sampling ease wise it’s rather like the Casio SK-1, with obviously far more usable results. Plus the looping cross fade and fine edit point on the field make it even more usable. It can also transpose far further than possible previously.

1 Like

Anything cheaper as an alternative out there? Or do you think the old OP-1 is good enough?

Not sure if there’s really comparable alternatives. The OG OP1 is still a great machine, and well worth it. Other options that might be worth considering, since they’re just fun machines that share some things in common (portability, sequencing, internal synths, sampling), would be the Synthstrom Deluge and the Dirtywave M8.

2 Likes

Really? Nobody even gonna mention the opz? Pretty much the same sampling and synth engines… much better sequencer… not as deep though and you program it instead of play it.

1 Like

how about some video?

2 Likes

Working on it! But might take a while.

1 Like

Sampling on the OP-Z is a pain compared to the OP-1, but still better than many machines for sure. Also, not stereo! But, better FX!

I do wish both the OP-1 and OP-Z would do transient detection on the drum sampler’s auto-chop.

Any hot tips on stock in EU? :smiley:

Deleting/overwriting Snapshots on Op-1f would be a really good and useful feature.

1 Like

GAK in the UK now have stock if anyone is looking

1 Like

Tried to order using my PayPal credit, but rather than deducting from what’s available it’s trying to make me take another fixed term agreement.

Maybe something’s trying to stop me.

Not that I’m trying to persuade you into parting with heaps of cash but have you tried on both a mobile device and computer? This happens from time to time with me and it seems to clear when I jump onto another device.

1 Like

My PayPal credit has gone from a 0% to a normal “you’ve got to be mad to buy on credit” rate.

1 Like

If Im not mistaken you can delete and rename

Okey. Also delete in OP-1f? Would then be nice to have the option to overwrite.

It’s never been a problem before. Always able to order with my phone. But I’ll take a look when I get home and perhaps I’ll have come to my senses by then.

Should sell my Mpc X first, in reality.

Yes I need to be more aware of that first.

A op1 will not replace your x, I guess you know that… but I would not do that. Op1 is nice to have, but it is no mpc.

2 Likes