OP-1 field

I love my workflow. But it’s a bits and pieces and puzzles approach with kits, cables, power cords and stuff.

Anything I can find that streamlines it more, is always interesting.

2 Likes

Done some proper thorough research now. I’m out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What put you off?

2 Likes

It doesn’t bring enough convenience compared to quality, to what I already got.

I don’t see myself replacing what’s working, but some parts of it can be more streamlined. As in, not always having to reach for the Prophet just to record a new patch or a pedal for resampling mayhem.

But I don’t hear enough from the OP-1 to convince me I’d want to reach for existing gear most of the time anyway.

To that end, I’ve started created a few multi-sample patches to the blackbox, which kills my Prophet need on occassion.

3 Likes

Makes sense!

It is:

Screenshot from Audio MIDI Setup on the Mac

3 Likes

hi! short question:
when exporting an aiff file (single tone) from my DAW to upload in to the melodic sampler via usb/field kit, does it matter which note it is? or will OP-1f automatically recognize it and transpose it over the other keys?

Im pretty sure it wont recognize which tone it is… so youll have to set it yourself on the OP-1

Ok will test and report back.
Also: if I edit a patch on the op-1 and save it, you can’t overwrite the current patch it seems, it always saves a new snapshot? this is sometimes a bit of a hassle, cause then I have to rename the snapshot and replace the old patch with the new snapshot manually on the computer. Or am I missing something?

Thats correct

1 Like

would you please share other exemples ?

The OG-1 would assume that imported samples were A. I haven’t tested this on the Field, but would assume it’s the same. Try that and see!

1 Like

I wrote an article about how the OP-1 is still the fastest and easiest sampler around.

https://straightnofilter.com/2022/08/01/why-are-no.html

13 Likes

Great read.

Never saw the OP-1 quite like this. Now I’m kinda seeing this and me Prophet suddenly getting along quite well.

1 Like

Good read. Mind boggling really that there‘s nothin equally simple and straightforward out there.

1 Like

Sorry about that :wink:

2 Likes

‘just when you thought you were out…’

6 Likes

yes there really is no competition, and thats mind boggling given that its been out for 10 years.
I’ve been playing with my op-1 field for 2 weeks now, and still 75% of battery. insane.
perhaps only deluge and m8 are just as ‘portable’, but still so different and less easy to use.

Yes, I bought and sold one OP-1F but I was amazed how fast I could sample my Matrixbrute and make a nice melody on it. I personally dont like the internal sequencers but for sampling, so damn easy and fast. I will buy another unit once I get a bonus at work…hint hint boss.

Exactly. And now it has around 500 slots for saving them. I’m also getting much better sounds out of the synths now. The new dimension synth is surprisingly deep when you start experimenting. The LFO is key here.

Sequencer-wise, it works really nicely with the OP-Z. I’ve just been using that to sequence the OP-1 direct, and recording the results to tape. Wirelessly :0