OMG, ist that true? No BPM control?

Oh I didn’t mean live vs studio, I think they want their gear to be played in the studio that way as well, and recorded like that… Just a theory, no big deal.
Any other reason is just as unlikely, I have a hard time believing their gear just can’t do it, seems intentional…

Perhaps the only intentional thing about it is, that it has not been high enough on their priority list, with lots of other things on their ToDo list as well? Maybe after Overbridge is halfway running smooth on the present device generation? We don’t know if they have separate team for hardware OS and software.

Whatever, users won’t stop asking to have both options available, and for very good reasons.

I would 111% approve of a per pattern/global bpm toggle…

It’s been like this since Machine Drum though… The little boxes get it so I imagine it’s here from now on…

Yes, the smaller machines seem to indicate, that they got the point of this user wish.

Thanks for the hint at the workaround: it’s useful to have the new tempo dialed in correctly.

Still, it can’t replace having both options available. Just one example: when I record, I just want to use patterns in the originally planned, appropriate tempo, without even thinking about it. It’s for a reason that Maschine and other groove tools offer that workflow.

There are been a few statements on the board about who does what at elektron and it seems they have a separate group for software development. So it should be safe to assume that there are individuals working on overbridge and other individuals working on the other issues that have arose I.e. Bugs.

There hasn’t ever really been per pattern tempo on the boxes until the new ones were released. I know I personally have a moleskine full of bpm notes for patterns on my monomachine. I bet a lot of elektron users have somewhere they take notes. If I had to guess its because bpm is controllable line by line in song mode. And the lack of song mode is probably why the digitakt and digitone have per pattern tempo as well as global.

Is it wrong? Right? Design flaw or intended feature?
I personally couldn’t say

1 Like

It’s no machine killer, but for some purposes it is a completely unnecessary stumbling stone, disturbing workflow. It’s definitely rather a liability (in the sense of an unnecessary limitation) than a feature. So why shouldn’t it be fixed?

I’m all for a toggle which I think we can all agree would be best, having a choice…

But just for reference if Elektron machines “only” did bpm per pattern, I wouldn’t use them.
Not that this would happen, but just using it to describe a use case.
For my improv jams I need to be able to change to any tempo and still select many or hopefully any pattern on the machine. If tempo wasn’t global I wouldn’t be able to freely improv, I wouldn’t know if my tempo would change if I select a new pattern…

It’s funny, it’s kind of opposite for me. People who need bpm per pattern need to take notes to remember what tempo to set when they switch to it, for me if I only had bpm per pattern I’d have to take notes of what all the bpms are to know which patterns have the same bpm I’m in to switch to, and I’d only be able to use ones in the same bpm… :smile:

I need both, depending on actual context, just like you and probably many others.
I wouldn’t want it exclusively the other way round either.

2 Likes

I need both too. So strange for a new user can’t store BPM with every single pattern.
:frowning: oh God Elektron, listen our words and help us with a update!!! :slight_smile:

Go look at the new Rytm OS update there is BPM per pattern now. :slight_smile: Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

6 Likes

LOL @ these threads

First the “what? no MIDI out” thread got killed and now this :laughing:

2 Likes

Addressed in the 1.50 update