Official A4 Tutorial Videos

Thank you so much for this information.
It is incredible, just what i needed.
Everyone should check it out.

Dear DerekReedHater,
It’s funny that you think people spend $1500 and wait videos to use the device.
You’re making a false assumption that many great artists do not use private tutors for new devices.
I believe the tutorial videos will bring additional value to A4 and Elektron.
Also,
Your are banned from watching any of them, you are only allowed to RTFM :slight_smile:

My favorite A4 tutorial on youtube

Dear DerekReedHater,
It’s funny that you think people spend $1500 and wait videos to use the device.
You’re making a false assumption that many great artists do not use private tutors for new devices.
I believe the tutorial videos will bring additional value to A4 and Elektron.
Also,
Your are banned from watching any of them, you are only allowed to RTFM :slight_smile:
[/quote]
I agree it will be a great addition to the learning experience. I just don’t see why it’s such a big deal. I’ll be sure to watch them even though I probably know the contained information. As far as rtfm, it seems I’m well ahead of the curve on that. I’ve read the manual many times for all of my elektrons. No complaints from my end on the manual. I find it quite informative and more than enough to understand the machines to a great degree
Let’s try to stop the “dear you or you” stuff though. No need to single people out each time you post here. Some people might see it as personal attacks, and we don’t want any miscommunication here. I’m in no hurry to use my moderating powers.

:-1: who’s moderating this casual threat stuff then ?

anyway, back on topic - the whinging and moaning about the lack of this and the lack of that is what’s spoiling the forum, for the most part +VE people get on and learn the kit, come what may, see past the obstacles and just do it, help others and chip in- the impatience and constant entitled bleating about ‘absent’ (frequently unrealistic) features is what needs moderating imo - some folks are just never happy, me included mind you, about this side of the forum - can’t there be a separate thread for moaning (yeah, like this!) so for the most part we can browse some interesting topics

:-1: who’s moderating this casual threat stuff then ?

anyway, back on topic - the whinging and moaning about the lack of this and the lack of that is what’s spoiling the forum, for the most part +VE people get on and learn the kit, come what may, see past the obstacles and just do it, help others and chip in- the impatience and constant entitled bleating about ‘absent’ (frequently unrealistic) features is what needs moderating imo - some folks are just never happy, me included mind you, about this side of the forum - can’t there be a separate thread for moaning (yeah, like this!) so for the most part we can browse some interesting topics [/quote]
Agreed. Everybody loves better opportunities to learn stuff from others, but the idea that a company is obligated to provide such material is beyond me. I’m sure the videos will be great aid to some, but it’s not likely that they will be the thing that makes you “one” with the machines. It’s highly likely that the videos will be mostly reiderations if manual knowledge with maybe a few slightly more advanced tips here and there. I still subscribe to the theory that the only real way to truly form a “man machine” relationship with these machines is by trial, error, and most importantly dedication.

Contribution:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Analog+four+videos+

you learn something every day ! :+1:

I loved the tutorial for the Octatrack. While the A4 is easier and you can get started fast it is the detail people love to get, but the manual fall short. Cenk in a 2 minute conversation bring to life details about the device which you can’t get from a manual, because you see hear and are explain all at once.Just playing with the device is a long time cosuming process with some of the great features just don’t come out.

Videos are great, and if you can have Cenk in your studio that would be awesome… the fact Elektron does tutorials is an added bonus Think about it people go to a lynda.com for photoshop and pay lots of cash. They are giving it to us as a bonus.

The part which I think people leave out of this situation, timeliness… people say they are done we will get them out soon, and that drags out. Now I don’t think the guys at Elektron are lying to us, in as much as I lie to people saying “I’m on my way!” and I don’t plan to leave for another 5 minutes. What happens though is sometime production needs to re-prioritize and what was previously said can get over looked.

They will come when they come. Have fun with your machines. and post ideas and questions here and we all learn and develop.

^ This ^ and That

Dear Jon,
I would like to thank you for your decision to make tutorial videos for the A4.
I think that’s a great idea. I think your products are really the best on the market. I try to support Elektron in every way i can. I think you are unique in many ways and the tutorial videos will once again prove that.
I would also like to thank you for not being disregardful or judgmental about your customers. Your positive attitude prevents me to feel like that Elektron thinks it’s my fault or i’m stupid enough to get to efficiently use the A4 with the provided manual.

Hey, does anyone know what is the “coming stuff”??? :slight_smile:

It was Analog Rytm at time of posting.

per NAMM i believe too.

[quote="“barryfell”"]

It was Analog Rytm at time of posting.[/quote]
oh, right… thnx…

Hi all,

I am a beginner regarding Elektron Analog Synths, Just received Analog Keys and i am more struggling with the concept of the patterns, songs, kits,etc, not the issue wich changing and moddeling sounds.
Ii struggle with the sequencer how to create songs. there i would like to see some vids which explains a bit.
just looking how Mrdataline turns the knobs is not enough for newbies.

I mean its much harder to drive a car if you can read the manual, but you still get faster your driving licence if someone tells you the first things how it is beeing done. there should be maybe some vids for dummys :slight_smile: as well.

Out of curiousity can anyone tell if Cenk is switching patterns or is he doing everything live?

this one explains quite well alot of the functions

That indeed is one of the best informative A4 videos I have seen thus far. I for one do not learn a @*#+ing thing watching someone maniacally turn knobs fast and be expected to just “learn muscle memory”…the complexity of all the multi-function knobs/buttons, a lot of which not documented in manual, and relationship between kits/patterns/song seems to be something rather assumed by Elektron and personally know quite a few former owners of A4 that are like me in that we are above competent synthesis and even sound designers, performing musicians that we like the A4 synth engine but not so much the self-contained sequencing system when talking about no midi sequencing…and no desire to “collect them all” as we have plethora of keyboard synths and synth modules–all of which speak midi to each other for what, 30+ years now?
So, what ever came of these “Official Elektron Tutorial Videos they said all had to be re-shot”??? Been quite a while now.

I unfortunately got tired of waiting for those “Official A4 Tutorial Videos.” So I sold mine. I made some great sounds, even some cool sequences of sounds. I just could not grasp a way to seamlessly improvise with it (assigning performance parameters, difficult arpeggiator, and just the sequencing in general) I really do miss it. I want to revisit the A4 again, only when it happens, I will be getting the keyboard. Im not a great keyboard player, but coming from playing a Korg Polysix (very easy to get great sounds fast obviously) for a long time, tis necessary for me writing new catchy chord progressions and melodies. I’m going to try an Octatrack, study all the Know How vids, youtube, Merlins Octatrack guide, etc, and try to be patient with wrapping my brain around that. Hopefully I don’t get frustrated with Octatrack, and can pick up an A4 again.

I’m right of the verge of returning my A4 as well…
I have sat with this thing for hours and still cant seem to grasp the most fundamental functions of this damn thing.
HOW DO I PROGRAM A PATTERN WITH A MIDI KEYBOARD?!?!?!?!
SOMEONE PLEASE FUCKING HELP ME!!!