Official A4 Tutorial Videos

Hahaha

The manuals are straightforward and contain all the necessary information, but they are not the most readable/user friendly Iā€™ve come across - perhaps because there is so much information to pack in. I often find myself wishing there were an Elektron Machines for Dummies book out there. A user wiki would be awesome.

So with NAMM dust settling are the tutorial vids mentioned in December going up ?

Please?

Just went back through the thread and caught this, awesome news.

Hahahahah had a good laugh

Amped for new official product presentation/tutorial videos. Seem to learn something new irregardless of skill level.

1 Like

Dear Jon,
I would really appreciate if you would provide a topic-coverage-list and a delivery schedule on the video tutorials. I will really hate to see people getting more creative on the crappy AIRA stuff than the Electron devices due to high learning curve. Please hurry on the video manuals. I understand itā€™s not an easy task but they are really essential.

The FX-Track and the Arpegg use.

People, the Elektron manuals are very clear and concise. They detail the functions of their machines and get you acquainted with how the units work. Iā€™m actually glad their manuals are not clogged with tricks and techniques - itā€™s great that they leave those up for individual exploration and experimentation. A good way to look for particular techniques is always the good ole http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

Most anything in there can be applied to and recreated in the A4.

//rant off

Dear friend, i am sure you are right. However the problem is this:
The important thing is the concept of framework of all features.
If one understands the concept of the framework, then the manual becomes a simple reference guide not a 100+ page book to be digested.

I loose my concentration in the manual. There are too many things and i just donā€™t know where to place each feature on my mind. I just need something similar to a quick start guide that gives me the idea of the framework.

For example, i still donā€™t know if is it a song or a pattern or a chain or a sequence that i am working on when i turn the A4 on or even if there are different working modes of the device. So then i can understand what happens when i change a track sound since (at least to me) it makes no sense for me to know how to change the track sound before knowing where the track is connected toā€¦ (song or pattern or set or mode or sequence etc)

Besides the simple guide, i also need a feature guide for such things as the double-click feature which took me a while to discover.

I really wish to learn everything in the manual but i always get distracted and can not spend too much time on it as much as i want to. However, there are some videos on the internet and i learned more from them.

Elektronā€™s tutorials and product presentations are informative and inspiring. Iā€™m interested!

It does not help that this forum has developed a reputation observed by potential buyers of Elektron gear as quite juvenile and snarky and would do everyone well to realize not everyone learns the exact same way. Has absolutely nothing to do with basic synthesisā€¦itā€™s the maniacal button pushing and combo of buttons and NOT DOCUMENTED WELL or at all work arounds that are loosely at best,found scattered about.
//rant not off until the promised video tutorials are presented by Elektron

If thereā€™s anyway I can help solve some simple questions please let me know!
Thereā€™s a whole new set of mods that can at the very least point you in the right direction.

Thereā€™s many resources and videos posted by elektronauts that might not be straight forward to find or understand, but we can help you navigate.

hereā€™s the A4 start up guide (very helpful) by blueskyrepublik
http://www.elektron-users.com/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=625&Itemid=30

hereā€™s a cheat sheet by VT
http://patcharena.com/elektron-analog-four-cheat-sheet/

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, even if theyā€™re silly I will try my best to help :slight_smile:

*note some of the info might be a bit outdated becaue of OS upgrades but lots of helpful info still!

-N

Man I cant wait for these official tutorial videos to come out alreadyā€¦ It sucks to just be waiting around thinking its gonna happen when no one seems sure if or when it will. Something like this would really help a lot of people understand the workflow process and so much more

edit: how can i forget cuckoo! :slight_smile:

This helped out heaps for me. Only thing owning it in person that might not have been covered are the finer details of CV functions, which to me makes the unit really versatile. I believe they will be covered more in the new videos.

Not trying to be rude here, but I think there is a bigger issue here, other than the lack of proper tutorial videos. I own 3 elektrons currently, and read the manuals before each purpose. In every instance, I was able to at least get going as soon as I received my machines. I have since read the manuals countless times in reference, and still to this day, just open one up and read random sections when I am bored. Much as I have done for many many pieces of gear over the years. Iā€™m not saying that Iā€™m better here, or smarter, and I am certainly not trying to put anybody down, but seriouslyā€¦ Take the time to read your manuals. Even if you donā€™t have the capacity to understand or maintain a bulk of the information, it will inevitably stick to some agree. At least the basic framework.

I also have to put this out there, and again in no disrespect: play with the damn things. A lot. If we all (myself included) spent half the time we do on here, actually playing and learning our instrumentā€¦ Wellā€¦ Iā€™m sure you know where thatā€™s going.

Throughout the ages instruments have been made, and all along the way people have either gotten them or they havenā€™t. The fact that we live in an age of instant gratification does not mean everything should just be handed to us. I think back to the artist that have truly mastered their instruments over the years (IMO) and canā€™t for the life of me imagine any of them saying ā€œI just donā€™t have time to learn this thing myselfā€¦ I wish somebody would show me how to play my instrument.ā€.

Tutorial videos are great. Yes. I watch a ton of them. All Iā€™m saying is, if you canā€™t finish the manual because you just canā€™t learn that way, canā€™t concentrate enough, donā€™t care, canā€™t read it, whateverā€¦ Itā€™s nobody elseā€™s obligation to teach you anything. Waiting on tutorial videos to teach you the basics is just lazy.

1 Like

Or the updated version on iBook Store
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/the-analog-four-cookbook/id805893430?mt=11

@nirun: That first Dataline video is sooo fā€™ing good itā€™s criminal! I wonder how many A4ā€™s sold because of that ONE video :confused: :kiss:

Tell me about it dude. Iā€™ve learned more from the live performances than the tutorial videos. I pay close attention to his hand movements, very good indicators of how to optimize your gestures.

this one is my favourite though

to all potential buyersā€¦ what you see is what you get :imp: :alien:

no doubt, it kind of showcases the elektron flow when making thingsā€¦which I happen like a lot :slight_smile:

Tell me about it dude. Iā€™ve learned more from the live performances than the tutorial videos. I pay close attention to his hand movements, very good indicators of how to optimize your gestures.

this one is my favourite though

to all potential buyersā€¦ what you see is what you get :imp: :alien:
[/quote]
Easily one of my fav videos of his. Watching hand gestures is a great way to stay efficient. Im sure we can all agree that Cenk is probably the most efficient user out there.