Official A4 Tutorial Videos

I read a while back on a youtube thread that official A4 tuts were in the works from our friends at Elektron. Are these far off? Really looking forward to them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yea, i had been hoping for these as well. it seems like they kind of missed the boat on this as the a4 has been out for a while now. they should have released them alongside the a4 maybe?

A little bit more to wait :slight_smile:

In tutorial videos, which subjects would you like it to be covered?

Several films have already been recorded and edited. The reason why they arenā€™t out yet is because they cover coming features.

+1 !!

Features? Coming?

Iā€™d love a performance menu. Where you choose a bank of CCs you want to control from one page so it requires a little less attention than it currently demands. How about a page for setting parameter limits so you can set up a Bass track or a kick track and never deviate from key parameters accidentally (ā€œwhoops thought It was on track 2, not track 3- now my kick is static!ā€). I like wailing away on my monos and itā€™s a little too easy to throw off all your hard work if you arenā€™t very meticulous with itā€¦

+1 !![/quote]
@!

I would love a tutorial on polyphonic mode.

Heh

yeah totally! :smiley:

Donā€™t forget to cover the new MIDI-Out mode and the evolution from pattern through chain to song - in a practical example. The manual is driving me nuts on that topic. :wink:

yes!

the logic behind the arpeggiator and the differences between playing it live and sequenced & that future mode that allows it to modulate other parameters ; - ]

yeah and definitely how to use keytracking for LFO speed instead of sequencer BPM
:wink:

iā€™d love one on the intricacies of the sequencer. being my first elektron device, there is a lot to learn!

Any tutorial videos for the sequencer on MnM and the OT and the MD will help you with the A4. The sequencers are the same, with slight feature variations.

Internet forum moderator kidnapped, held to ransom for ā€˜informationā€™ - family pleads for release!

Being new only to Elektronā€™s method of sequencing, not synthesis nor sequencing on Polymorph and other step sequencers where one CAN have different tempos, looping within, reverse and other direction specified by user, and midi outā€“I too would a tutorial video with captions of what is being done, in aforementioned evolution from pattern through chain to songā€“as well as totally related to that evolution, saving these in a way thatā€™s also practical and logical, and how the sounds one creates and saves are or are not related to those.
I have been coming along little by little and love this instrument. Have come across exactly two videos from secretmusic on You Tube that has captions for A4 and very helpful.
Not everyone learns same wayā€“so someone just furiously turning knobs is not so much helpful.
Some tutorials on setting-up evolving drones on A4 would be great as well.

I would like some pointers on how to achieve modulation routing possibilities eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqj2FDawNVk

The how to create a patch from scratch from Dataline was great as well, but from a learning point of view the the speed it was performed made it tricky to follow along. There is only so many times youtube will let me pause/rewind before the vid needs to be reloaded. (would be great if you could download future tutorial vids from the support section.)

Maybe something similar but slower and with a bit of description about what is going on. I would have really liked something like this in my first week.