Official A4 Tutorial Videos

Just wanted to give kudos where deserved as your videos are best instructive, intelligent tutorials on You Tube and would love for you to make more for the A4 in series as you have done for OT, please.
Not to discount some rather “intriguing” videos out there but if a true tutorial leaves one only intrigued, not instructed, then it’s only a demo of that person’s skills, not so much educational, as your videos are indeed, informative. Keep-up great work.

What he said.

Sweet! Does this go for the coming “midi note to trigger slices”-feature on the Octatrack as well? :wink:

Sneaky!

not sure if it’s been posted before, or that it even counts as a ‘tutorial’, but this guy is great !, he actually undersells the capability of the sequencer, but shows how some talent can workout the musicality of this magic box, simply, charming … : )

Haha, yeah, sorry, just wanted to get your attention (and possibly a hint of whether or not it’s coming). :wink:

Here’s a quick one on trig/lock types. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14ew5lXZKU&list=FLONQZ-LeEeacEJ26Cdi1rgg&index=1

Hi, how about integration with other synths through cv

VERY nice and thanks! I think because of my long military career and indeed having been a trainer for others, what tends to be very effective for some people’s method of learning, to include myself, is a very visual and vocal approach.
Keep them coming! More of these kinds of rare Elektron videos may very well help with my method of working/integrating Elektron gear amongst my various hard ware synths and racks and possibly give me ambition to either acquire a second A4 or an OT–really depends on new added features in pending update. Really hoping true midi out rather than even a poly mode at this point due in-part that my QuNexus routed via KMI Midi Expander will give me any configuration of midi rotation channels and even expanding my cv control further.
Would think an in-depth video helping people utilize the A4 cv/gate nexus would be beneficial to current and definitely future owners of A4.

These are great vids many thanks !!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the share, another vid that is super helpful

+1 from another newb here. Workflow videos would be great.

Found your tutorials when searching for A4 info on youtube : great stuff! Any more planned? :slight_smile:
I got my A4 recently and am loving it so far! Really enjoying the sequencer and modulation possibilities, and it sounds amazing! Would love to be able to sequence over MIDI also (perhaps mirroring some CV over MIDI like the MFB Tanzbär or being able to configure CV or MIDI per CV track?).

I’d like: arpeggiator, pattern chains, envelope modes, live tips tutorials

Yes cuckoo is a genius! i love his different style of making music with the a4. you have to check his other videos too.

Another vid I personally find interesting, maybe nothing to complex going on, but for mere mortal me it would be interesting to know how to achieve similar results.

There are a few vids like this on the inter webs and this is the reason i started this thread :joy:

Can we expect the official videos any time soon? You mentioned before that the tutorials were being held back because they focused on features not yet available. Now the AK has been revealed will we get to see them? Also I was wondering if these videos were going to be A4 or AK videos or will we get both?
Too many questions? Probably… sorry.
Peace

Of course I’m not in your shoes, but if you’d like added MIDI functionalities, amongst other things, I’d consider the Octatrack very strongly instead of a second A4… Much more added value IMHO with a sampler/analog synth combo than 2 of the same instrument :slight_smile:
The mangling capability of the Octatrack is out of this world…
But that will mean many more hours of learning… Yay !
Learning Elektron gear is for me a great source of pleasure… But not reading Elektron manuals, though…
Like Ryan said, pratice makes perfect (and I’d throw in some self discipline in there too :wink:

The videos will be released Dec 9, same day as the new A4 OS is released.

Fantastic.