Official A4 Tutorial Videos

Official tutorial videos, Superb news.

yes!

top dollar news

I like to know more about the use of the Fx Sequencer track.

Any new A4 tutorial videos available from Elektron? I read that they would be out Dec 9, then I think I saw the 16th. Haven’t seen anything other than what people have posted in the Media page.

Yeah come on guys. There are no official product videos for the keys, few if any AK youtube vids. The A4 tutorial vids would be awesome.

+1

I got the analog 4 a couple of days ago, and I am totally blown away by how good it sounds! At the same time, I am having a hard time with understanding the user interface. I would like to see simple step-by-step instruction video’s that new users like me are able to understand and learn from. Like this:

• How to start a new project and build my own kits, patterns and song.
  • How to copy and then adjust an existing project, song or kit and make it your own.
  • How to avoid overwriting sounds, kits and patterns.
  • When should I save my work, why and how? What is saved automatically?
  • How to set up A4 and Live, Logic and ProTools when I want to use it in my Live/Logic/PT-project?

I am sure that the Elektron staff get a lot of feedback from users like me, and they shouldn’t be afraid of setting the level low for their intro video tutorials! (Yes, I am not concerned about giving the impression that I am so skilled in synth programming and sequencing. I’m only concerned about making great music!)

http://homelessballoon.bandcamp.com

here’s hoping these tutorial videos will be with Mr. Hector

Indeed I hope they’re ready to drop now.

I don’t care whether Hector is in the tut vids or not anymore. I don’t care about Elektron mini movies with oblique story lines anymore. All I want are good tutorial videos, and extremely well written manuals (which is normally the standard for expensive premium products).

How about writing the ultimate manual together as a Wiki?

Not only walkthroughs on each functions with relevant scenarios and video links, but also creative tips and tricks on every function? Who is with me?

+1000
Have been seeking same for 10 months now and counting. O.S. 1.1b Reference Manual not exactly much better than 1.06 addendum and prior compilations.
I was told via Support that there WILL be a dedicated Analog Keys ‘Manual’ just in past week via email. MANY other small synth companies release User Manual for people to read upon any drop of a product as to help many people make a decision to buy or not.
There are indeed functions exclusive to the AK that I assumed a dual purpose newly re-written Reference Manual for both A4 and AK would serve.
If Wiki is a better method, rather than even 10 different people just tossing workarounds and rabid fanboy disdain for those whom desire and need a better method of learning instruments–definitely need consistency and order.
Hell, the A4 Reference Manual makes the Radikal Technologies Spektralis User Manual seem very complete in comparison.
Yes, this has been a thorn in my rear as well as a few other musicians I do projects with because the A4 can sound SO good and can do things other than the ‘typical’ Elektron-sounding-music’ in form of drones, et al. not everyone does bloopity bop/noise-rabid beat-based chaos-music.
Great videos that are more instructional and not with Octatrack connected. Many studio keyboardists have had smpling covered in our rigs, if we do it at all, for quite some time.
Some of us PREFER to work with our DAW’s and also not ALL of us use Ableton Live. Some use Pro Tools, Cubase, or even Reaper. These things surely will help people with A4 and AK that ‘walk a different beat’ that also do not think a workaround is simply buying other Elektron Machines in order to get all the functions ONE machine could otherwise have.

I’m really looking forward to the videos.

Jon/Cenk,

When are they due for release please.

Good luck with NAMM, events and machine releases (it’s all very exciting).

Hey all. A small update on the A4 tutorial vids. We recorded 5 of them, but in the editing phase we noticed that the video footage unfortunately wasn’t up to par. So we made the rather tough decision to re-film them. This hasn’t been done yet due to working with Analog Keys, NAMM and “coming stuff”. But they will be done. And in a better way than originally planned.

but how do we even use the A4 without videos?

+1000
Have been seeking same for 10 months now and counting. O.S. 1.1b Reference Manual not exactly much better than 1.06 addendum and prior compilations.
I was told via Support that there WILL be a dedicated Analog Keys ‘Manual’ just in past week via email. MANY other small synth companies release User Manual for people to read upon any drop of a product as to help many people make a decision to buy or not.
There are indeed functions exclusive to the AK that I assumed a dual purpose newly re-written Reference Manual for both A4 and AK would serve.
If Wiki is a better method, rather than even 10 different people just tossing workarounds and rabid fanboy disdain for those whom desire and need a better method of learning instruments–definitely need consistency and order.
Hell, the A4 Reference Manual makes the Radikal Technologies Spektralis User Manual seem very complete in comparison.
Yes, this has been a thorn in my rear as well as a few other musicians I do projects with because the A4 can sound SO good and can do things other than the ‘typical’ Elektron-sounding-music’ in form of drones, et al. not everyone does bloopity bop/noise-rabid beat-based chaos-music.
Great videos that are more instructional and not with Octatrack connected. Many studio keyboardists have had smpling covered in our rigs, if we do it at all, for quite some time.
Some of us PREFER to work with our DAW’s and also not ALL of us use Ableton Live. Some use Pro Tools, Cubase, or even Reaper. These things surely will help people with A4 and AK that ‘walk a different beat’ that also do not think a workaround is simply buying other Elektron Machines in order to get all the functions ONE machine could otherwise have. [/quote]
hey, I am really starting to wonder … is this elektronauts forum made from “people” who do it on their own merits energy and motivation?
or
is this the “official” elektron forum?
if it is the official, then “hey Elektron, this is a statement of mismanagement poor decision making and utter fucking failure for people who sell 1000 € $ eqipment”

Thanks for that Jon.

Thank you for replying too.

Shame they are delayed but better to know.

I’ll have to RTFM.

Thanks for the update - but better with low par quality than nothing at all???

I’ve had A4 a year now - and as an amateur/part time user can’t delve as deep as others - some videos would be great for new producers on a budget of time…

The manual is a good reference but nothing beats seeing people use something!

PRETTY PLEASE :slight_smile: ???