Octatrack Won’t Turn On

Hey folks,

Another OT issue.

Just got my DPS-1 back from the repair shop due to broken pins and hence stuck in demo mode.

It worked for a day when I got it back. Today it won’t turn on. If I move or play around with the power plug it turns on, but this morning it just won’t power on at all.

This is terrible, I regret buying this thing.

Seller hasn’t replied to my return request. Only had it 2 weeks.

Help with this power issue?

Cheers

No luck. :grimacing:

I had a power socket problem, repaired by bending the part of metal in it, with a little flat screwdriver. The metal part was too loose to make good connection with the power supply. MKI.

s-l300

Thx this is very helpful.

Im gonna take it to an electronics repair guy this weekend.

Hopefully he can fix it.

Im not comfortable trying things on my own

You can eventually check if the metal part is loose, and try to bend it with a fork…

The perils of multiple questions (i.e. three and counting) on the same/related topic … hmm !

FTR from another topic

PS given it’s been at a repair shop already and presumably tested - then it must be the PSU you have that’s teh issue

1 Like

Last time I checked the PSU for OT1 was out of stock @ Elektron. Anyone recommend an alternative?

I don’t know, but they asked me to send the OT back to the repair shop so the technician can take another look.

Seems back in stock…

1 Like

Oh nice - thanks for the heads up!

[Edit: Ouch - $70 for the unit and shipping… another $700 and I could have a used Octatrack MKI to go with it :joy:]

Or an MD, MnM…:wink:

1 Like