Octatrack Wishlist for next OS update

Looks like you’re getting somethign like that in new 1.4 !

Is this the place for requests POST 1.40 ? I have a couple: Tracks retain last selected trig mode. And save sample to current slot list. I’m still happy about 1.40!

1 Like

(probably possible by OS)

for 1.50 i need :

• MIDI SLIDE
  • 1024/2048 steps
  • Reverb & Delay in FX1 fully
  • samples & Midi CHORDS with Scaling (maj, min, lydian, dorian etc…) for both Audio & MIDI.
  • rename project + delete prj.
  • & two more FX per tracks…
  • & ALWAYS USB Mode.

, got OT MkII since 10 days but i hope this gaps fixed.

praying Now.

an OS is an OS, u just code it…

if not possible Hardware-side, i hope all that in MkIII (with 16 audio + 16 MIDI), but it’s do-able by software OS upgrade.

Already here: Project - Change - Yes. Press FN+Bank and you can rename or delete the project.

3 Likes

thank you !

PRAYING for the rest :slight_smile: coz i believe they can do it.

Possible in change menu (bank+rec), or in file manager.

Dorian are other modes are just transposed major modes. Possible to set root note depending on your mode.
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips) - #89 by Open_Mike

4 Likes

Forget it, hardware limitations.

What’s that? The USB on the OT is wired to the CF reader and that’s it.

As @sezare56 said you confuse scales and modes. More scales would be welcome and have already supporters in another thread :wink:

2 Likes

i mean u play ONE chroma trig & it plays a scaled chords, Electribe-like…

when in USB mode it stops playback.

my PC supports hot plug/unplug… (Linux too)

music scales :

DAW-like / electribe-like.

And the OT has 84Mb of RAM, as you can see it’s not a computer.

For me it is best to avoid any opportunity of data corruption.

1 Like

A scale of 7 notes contains 7 modes.

As explained above, if you are in C major and want for instance change to C Mixolydian, you set the arp in F major.

1 Like

issues happens only on mac OS, Linux supports hotplugs/unplugs, for windows it needs an auto-script.

Modes (major scale based)

2 Likes

it’s traduction;… can be called harmonizer too depending language/software/app, but u know what i mean :wink:

exactly this, can be called “scale”,“harmonizer”, etc… depending software/hardware/lqnguage etc…

Just saying these modes can be already used with OT.

I’d also like different scales, such pentatonics, minor melodic…

2 Likes

I’d love some additional effects, for example:

• different filter algorithms
  • step gate
  • vocal doubler
  • more delay types (different effects in feedback loop)
  • alternative modulation effects (different stages, etc)
1 Like

Just fix bugs and call it. If they want to add more features more power to them or improve them, but I’m happy.

1 Like

Of course it stops playback, because the full control of the file system on the CF card is handed over to the PC (that’s how USB storage devices work). If the OT would simultaneously operate on the same file system it would get corrupted.

This has nothing to do with hot plugging. Hot plugging itself works, because the OT recognize the CF card again afterwards (when it gets the control back) without the need to reboot the machine.

2 Likes