Octatrack Wishlist for next OS update

And the OT has 84Mb of RAM, as you can see it’s not a computer.

For me it is best to avoid any opportunity of data corruption.

1 Like

A scale of 7 notes contains 7 modes.

As explained above, if you are in C major and want for instance change to C Mixolydian, you set the arp in F major.

1 Like

issues happens only on mac OS, Linux supports hotplugs/unplugs, for windows it needs an auto-script.

Modes (major scale based)

2 Likes

it’s traduction;… can be called harmonizer too depending language/software/app, but u know what i mean :wink:

exactly this, can be called “scale”,“harmonizer”, etc… depending software/hardware/lqnguage etc…

Just saying these modes can be already used with OT.

I’d also like different scales, such pentatonics, minor melodic…

2 Likes

I’d love some additional effects, for example:

• different filter algorithms
  • step gate
  • vocal doubler
  • more delay types (different effects in feedback loop)
  • alternative modulation effects (different stages, etc)
1 Like

Just fix bugs and call it. If they want to add more features more power to them or improve them, but I’m happy.

1 Like

Of course it stops playback, because the full control of the file system on the CF card is handed over to the PC (that’s how USB storage devices work). If the OT would simultaneously operate on the same file system it would get corrupted.

This has nothing to do with hot plugging. Hot plugging itself works, because the OT recognize the CF card again afterwards (when it gets the control back) without the need to reboot the machine.

2 Likes

My only wish would be the option to automatically adjust the play rate of a sample instead of timestretch. Would be nice for drums and percussion.

Since it didn’t work out with a normal randomizer, can you at least save the current position of the crossfader into a separate scene?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean but play rate is right there if time stretch is off.

You can’t no. Would be cool though.

Record length 256 and 512 ,please :pray:

What I mean is to have a third option in addition to “beat” and “normal” for timestretch. One that would automatically adjust the playback rate instead of using the timestretch algorithm.

3 Likes

Right. Like Aleton can.

… so the pitch would change?

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I was thinking it would usually make most sense with drumloops.

1 Like

I’d like them to fix the MIDI record bug for when you have the Octatrack settings configured to start recording when it receives MIDI input it does that instead of just starting when you hit play.

I’d also love to see a way to automate tempo changes.