Octatrack Screen Edge Bending?

Hi! New Octatrack. First odd thing noticed after opening the box: is the screen bending? When pushed on the bottom left edge, it descends a few millimeters in, then rises up although not sure if it’s totally flat. Anyone else? Is it to worry about?

Video:

Looks like it wasn’t glued in tightly. I have two faceplates and it’s just a covering over the screen it self. But yeah, I’d reach out to elektron they may be willing to send you a replacement. It’s not difficult to swap out.

1 Like

No, just add a bit of double-sided tape underneath.

1 Like

It’s happening on all MK2,s like Digitone, Digitakt or Syntakt. OT MK1 has better build quality IMO.

1 Like

Yeh my last one (black mk2) did this pretty bad. I placed some weighty books over it at night to try and make the glue stick back in place. Sort of worked, tho the problem always came back after a while

My 2020 Digitakt (made in Sweden) is flawless. But my new 2022 OT has this screen edge bending. Maybe quality control has suffered after they moved production abroad.

i got this as well, brand new OT. not cool for a device this price range.
though i am not interested in sending it in, and be weeks without.
also i read ppl received their new one having the same problem.
did someone glue it back themselves? what kind of glue?

DT screen adhesive keeps coming loose in corners (not screen protector) (btw had the same with a 2022 DT)

thks!
mh, i guess with unscrewing etc warranty would be affected.
if it would be already 2 years old i wouldn’t hesitate…

1 Like