Octatrack - Screen Depressed?

Hi,

Not want to sound picky or so but today, while I was cleaning my OT, I’ve found that one of the corner of the screen was a bit depressed. When i press it it’s stay in a goo position but after a while it comes back. I had few issues with the newer machines so I just wanted to know if I should be concerned in or not :slight_smile:

Thank you !

DM me I know a good therapist

13 Likes

Update my post as I didn’t get the joke.

Uhmm I made a silly joke

Your screen is “depressed”…hardee har har

6 Likes

Well, your joke could be applied to me as I sound picky which is not what I want.
Now that I got it, it was funny. Perhaps I wasn’t using the good word. But you got my point :slight_smile:

…ur actual display/screen is not depressed…
ur plastic cover on top of it, is a little displaced…it’s all handassembled in sweden…

so, no need to worry…ur oled display is all fine…just it’s additional layer on top sits a little loose…

won’t harm anything, if u just can let go and stop depressing it…

1 Like

Ah ok good to know, I didn’t know there was another cover on top of the old.
Thank you ! I feel a bit stupid right now :slight_smile:

Had the same problem. There’s a thread I opened about it back in the day.

Can you post the link ? i’ve checked your activity but didn’t find it…

Those display covers are held down by an adhesive.

You could warm the area up with a hair dryer for ~20 seconds or so and then press down and hold the whole display until the adhesive cools again.

Edit: looking at that thread below it’s possible the shield is warped vs bad adhesive placement. It’s hard to say but the hair dryer trick is probably still worth a shot.

1 Like
2 Likes

On average (not scientific) which color variation gets the screen problem most often on the forum, the grey or the black? Did the MK1 have that type of problem?

The number of grey units owned by forum members probably vastly outnumbers black, but since we don’t know the ratios any anecdotal reports are useless to draw conclusions about how often something happens to grey vs black.

1 Like

Fair enough. I’ll just keep an eye on the situation.

…every single unit, no matter which batch, is assembled piece by piece by humans in europe…and not one is leaving without a proper test…

and sometimes…some certain button might show up twice instead of once…or a lid does not sit in exact place…but that’s called handmade…and we’re all just humans…right?

we invest in serious music instruments and that’s what we get, end of the day…
elektron is NOT roland or behringer…

3 Likes

My AE had the same exact problem. Got a new glas window from Elektron. I think it has to do with the new pain coating being slightly thicker than the gray, so the glass protrudes more.

New glass screen still protrudes, but at least the adhesive holds it in the same place now.

1 Like

It was easy to install ? Elektron is always very helpful !

1 Like

I’ve had two black units and both had this issue but the first was way worse. There’s pictures of mine in the earlier thread

Hmm. Thank you.

Here is how mine looks. I guess I can live with that…