Octatrack OS Bug Reports

@sezare56 @darenager Can recreate this on my unit, but I think this is intended and not sure that this is a bug.

This is why:
When I change the scale mode in pattern settings to per track instead of normal, I get the option to set the master reset. If I set the master reset to 32 and keep the pattern length to 16, the QREC 32 works fine. I think the reason for this is that in normal mode instead of scale mode per track, the reset is always set to the pattern length.

This is confusing(took me a long time as well to figure it out), but at the same time, it seems like the correct and intended behaviour.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering.

I’m pretty sure it was working before. @Open_Mike was using it oftenly IIRC. Could you confirm? (QREC longer than Pattern Length)

What confuses me the most is that it works for people having the same OS, version. How is it possible? Internal settings? Should I remove my internal battery?

What bothers me the most, is the one shot rec trig bug I mentioned above. Doesn’t seem intended : if you start a recording with a one shot rec trig, you have to press twice rec buttons to stop it. Some don’t have that bug.

There is another one with rec buffer not being played on first pass. Same story, for some it works, for some not. Strangely the 3 bugs happen for the same users. (At least me and @WeirdFishes, but I bet @Clancy and @Castor have the same issues).

I don’t understand why it works for me, I followed @sezare56 instructions, @Olle I did not look at scale settings or change anything there, just started new project and tried the REC2 settings as written - could it be that different defaults are loaded (perhaps based on last used or something?)

Maybe we need to find exact settings that cause the issue and exact settings that don’t, I am on MKII @olle are you on MKII or MKI?

2 Likes

@Olle @sezare56 Here is it working on mine, default settings, sorry for shaky camera work, filming on ipad is a bit cumbersome holding rec button on instagram while trying to press OT buttons :laughing:

http://www.instagram.com/p/B_h7QSsB47a/?igshid=dxj09o8oc7u2

1 Like

Did you press play before recording?
32 works for me without playing.

2 Likes

Haha, I’m such a dufus, no I hadn’t been pressing play, so it does not work for me either with those settings (scale 16 step)

I think @Olle is right, as if the scale is set to 32 or above it records as expected, sorry for my muddying the waters :blush:

3 Likes

Sadly I haven’t had much OT time lately, pray for me, haha…

From memory I’m pretty sure I was stumped by this very thing once when I had qrec set higher than master pattern length and couldn’t record, MKI OS1.25H. I’ll check again when I can get back to it…

2 Likes

A couple of times now a sample has not saved for me, the slightly annoying thing is that it looked like it saved, but all that actually saved was the name and a zero length sample.

I think it happens only sometimes when not assigning when saving and doing either:
Selecting a section in AED EDIT and save as sample.
Saving a sample in REC EDIT (Function + REC3)

So in both cases the naming dialog appears, name it, looks like it saves, but then when assign option pops up if you don’t assign it then next time you power cycle the sample is zero size, ie blank.

2 Likes

Can anyone test this for me?

Record a sample of a 1 bar loop for 32 bars, load into a flex, slice into 32 slices using zero crossing (or not, outcome is same) set trig mode to slices and play on trig keys, listening for any random clicks on start when you trig it, should be fine, no clicks.

Now load same sample into static, slice into 32, set trig mode to slices, play on trig keys.

I’m getting random clicks at start of some slices, not consistently though, so I think it is a card access issue, I’m using the 16gb Sandisk Ultra.

To clarify, this is a new project, no LFO or anything, no midi connected, only static is affected.

Just saw it. Tomorrow maybe!

I’m pretty sure it is a bug @sezare56

No problems here. OT Mk1 with 1.30B.

Edit; no sorry, I’m getting clicks and pops…

I used a 16th note sequence for the second test and it clicks on the static machine.
For the first test I had only four notes put in the midi track which didn’t produce clicks when played back in a static slot.

3 Likes

Thanks @Schnork I sent in a bug report :+1:

2 Likes

@darenager I tested with a long recording (more than 64 bars), seemed more clicky with statics, less if sequenced.

2 Likes

Yes I noticed it occurs less if sequenced but still does it (that was how I first noticed it, with the track playing solo) I don’t ever remember noticing it before on earlier versions when using statics, it could be the sample I was using made it easier to notice though and because nothing else was playing why I might have missed it before, although probably someone else would have discovered it if it was there before.

1 Like

Pro tip : put hihats everywhere, you won’t hear clics anymore. :content:

5 Likes

Haha, but what if the hihats click? :laughing:

Take them out of course :crazy_face:

3 Likes

OS 1.40 here.
I use my Launchpad pro mk3 to send program change to the OT. I just updated to OS 1.40 and now PC 0 is corresponding to the Bank I pattern 01 (and not Bank A pattern 01 as before and as it should be).

1 Like

Just for book keeping (OS 1.40 MK1/MK2):

1 Like

I suggest we gather bugs for the new OS in the same place: