Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Hmm, I’m out of ideas then, I thought maybe you had a midi loop or something else into OT midi in.

Tried a new project? Still happens?

I use the fake sidechain tip for my bassline so I don’t use the external in from the tr8s anymore, but I will try later to see if it was maybe a midi loop or something, thanks for the advices :slight_smile:

Anyone tried the arranger on this firmware?

I wanted to use it yesterday but it didn’t respect the mutes assigned. It used to work well few months ago.

I shall retry with another project today.

Beware, Arranger mutes are different, they mute trigs, not audio. A looped sample would continue to play, for instance.

2 Likes

Do you mean a trigged sample would continue to be heard after a pattern change towards one where the track is muted?

In my case, it just don’t play some tracks at all and when i checked the mutes, several were muted without me asking for it.

On MK1 : Is it just me or is there a very annoying change in managing manual pattern change? Before this OS, when I was chaning pattern pressing BANK + TRIG, as long as I didn’t release the BANK button, the pattern wasn’t changing. Now it changes at the end of a 4 bar countdown. It’s annoying, because I found it more interesting while playing live to decide myself when I was finally going to move to the next pattern once I was ready, by releasing the BANK button.

2 Likes

Re!
I gave it a try, pattern change is made at the end of the pattern apparently. I don’t remember what was previous behavior…

Edit : ah yes, annoying for pattern chaining.
It should be active after release indeed.
Support…

1 Like

I’m encountering an issue on Mk2 (grey).

I have a trig on step 1, I hold that trig then press a data knob to apply a single specific p-lock on step 1, when that p-lock is applied an additional note trig is automatically generated on step 2. I didn’t ask for that trig on step 2.

This happens if step 1 is a note trig or trig less trig/lock. It also happens the same on audio and midi tracks.

I’ve tested all 16 steps but this only happens on step 1.

Edit: if I keep step 1 trig held down and press the data knob a couple of times the trig on step 2 disappears, like the data knob toggles the trig on and off

Pressing a data knob won’t apply a p-lock, but removes it.

About your problem: well, it’s probably not a bug, because otherwise this forum would be flooded with reports since this is quite a basic functionality. To me it sounds more like a hardware problem with the buttons.

I would recommend to start the OT into it’s startup menu (hold [FUNC] while powering up) and then use the test mode to check the buttons and encoders especially trig1 and combination with it to see if something unusual lights up.

2 Likes

Yeah I had a search for keywords and a flick through the last couple bug report pages and haven’t noticed any one else mention this…

Cheers for the test mode suggestion, I haven’t dug around in there yet

When you don’t find anything via the test mode, at least try it again after the reboot. Sometimes the OT just needs a “blackout” to get back in line of duty.

BTW: Does it misbehave with a new project, too?

1 Like

Which encoder are you clicking and can you replicate it with all encoders or only one specific? Are you using the device standalone. Detailed steps to reproduce would be helpful.

It occurs with some encoders but not others.
It has also occurred stand alone as well as in a complex midi chain.

It does not occur with some encoders like note pitch, but does with most other values that I tried like velocity.

I’ll try with a fresh project tomorrow and report back which encoders do/don’t trigger the bonus trig

Depending on sample settings, Silent Track setting, yes.

Seems another problem. Would you list steps in order to reproduce it?

One thing i recall about arranger is that it will be overridden by manual mutes. If you muted a midi track before entering arranger mode that track will stay muted indefinitely as the track is manually muted. The mutes in arranger mode only prevent midi or trig messages from sending. More similar to the other Elektron machines. I’ve been tripped up by this in the past and is always user error. I manually muted a variant in an earlier song and forgot to unmute later.

2 Likes

I pulled up a fresh project and still have the same issue. I tested both audio and MIDI tracks, It seems like it is only encoder B causing the problem.

In test mode I noticed when holding trig 1 and pressing encoders (A,C,D,E,F) an LED light up for the duration of me pressing the encoder. However, when holding trig 1 and pressing encoder B the LED toggles on and off instead of a held response like the other encoders…

Guess I’ll contact support :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This. I’ll check in front of the beast but it might be this.

I just opened a ticket… but wondering if others have the same issue:
OSX 10.15.7 and OT 1.40A
Can’t seem to load USB Disk Mode anymore.
I’ve done it successfully 1000 times. (Connect USB cable first, turn on OT, engage mode)
But I recently updated to 10.15.7 and now, no good.

Oops, even after reading and commenting in this 1.40A bugs thread it turns out my machine was still on 1.40 :upside_down_face:

Encoder B is working again as expected after the update :tada: very grateful it was not a hardware fault

2 Likes

Sounds more like an OSX issue no?

1 Like