Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Green leds indicate solo’ed tracks. Use [CUE]+[TRIG] to toggle the solo state.

7 Likes

Ah, yes, thank you. I’ve been messing around with an AKAI mpd previously, so didn’t realise it must have solo’d the tracks.
In my 5 years of using the machine, I’ve never used solo !

EDIT
After testing this, the above solved the problem, until I solo’d again from my controller, and now I have no sound from the tracks, even though they aren’t solo’d any more and are not muted. I cannot audition the samples with func + yes either.
After a project reload it’s ok again, so will keep my eye on it and see if it reproduces

DELAY CTRL mode graphical bug:

Visual sliders will retain their positions when going to a new bank.

1. Go into DELAY CTRL mode
  2. Change the delay time using encoder “A” to a value of 1 (to see the effect); notice the slider of the track moves all the way down)
  3. Select a new BANK and PTN
  4. The slider graphics retain the settings of the previous PTN, despite it being a fresh PART/BANK

The sliders should be reset to default positions if it’s a new BANK/PTN/PART.

4 Likes

I’m also still having this problem. Seems to happen less often when working in an arrangement but happens every time when just manually switching between patterns with different tempos on mk2.

Are you sure you are 1.40A?
This was an issue in 1.40 but was fixed and I’ve tested it myself and can’t replicate it now

2 Likes

Hi everyone !

I’m stuck with a bug on the octatrack mk2. Some of my sample don’t play back correctly and cut themselves randomly while i’m playing my pattern. It only happens when I send my track to the CUE out. So it’s more like the sound on my CUE outputs just randomly get cut.

I have all my midi channels used to trigger my tr8s, and maybe it’s too much information for the octa to handle…

Sorry for english, I hope I was clear enough.

You soloed those tracks

2 Likes

That’s quite odd. can you make a short video showing the issue?

Unfortunatly I don’t have anything to film… :unamused: (no smartphone…)

Well I can say from my experience that doesn’t sound like a software issue. but I’m also on MKi

I checked if it was my cables, and it was not. Also if i’m in AED mode watching my sample playback, I can see it plays on the screen even when the sound cut.

Just sending stuff from all midi channels? Very, very unlikely that this has any effect on the audio tracks. But just to verify it mute most or all of the midi channels (in the mixer menu) and see if the problem persists.

Beside the cables it can also be caused by corrosion of the connectors within the OT. Does it happen when you move the cables while they are connected?

Additionally: does it cut out from the physical CUE outputs and from the headphones? You can configure the headphone outs to listen only to the cue outs in the mixer menu …

3 Likes

Checking the headphone cue would be next. Sounds like a hardware fault.

1 Like

So it could be from the TR8s input actually because I don’t have the problem when I listen to the out directly.

Maybe the TR8s interprets something that the OT is sending as mute or similar.

Try to set MIDI CONTROL -> AUDIO CC OUT to INT only to deactivate the sending of CCs from audio tracks when you modify audio track parameters with the encoders.

If your midi tracks also sends CCs or MIDI lfos double check if you are sending the correct ones.

So it’s still happening even when CC’s messages are turned off on audio track. I’m still pretty sure it’s the “ext in” knob of the tr8’s that receive some kind of messages from the octa, but I didn’t activate the cc’s for this control on my midi tracks so…

Strange. From the TR8s midi chart it looks like it’s receiving a CC12, but I don’t see how the OT could sent this by its own.

Is there anything else in your setup which can send CCs to the TR8s (maybe through the OT)?

No, my setup is only the octa with the tr8s.

Just checking your midi connections - TR-8s midi in is connected to OT midi out, right? Anything connected to OT midi in?

Octa midi out connected to tr8s midi in, nothing in the octa midi in