Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Why do you have it set this way and not just INT?

Hereā€™s a novel one for you, a brief respite from @phaelamā€™s more concerning problems:

• Create new project
  • Open parts
  • Rename any part
  • Any name with a total of 5 characters
  • Try and delete the last character
  • ā€¦

MKI, old projects and new, all parts :laughing:
Only way around is to delete a preceding character first!

2 Likes

Confirmed, and Iā€™m still on the pre 1.40 OS

1 Like

Hi there,

Got myself an Octatrack and am loving it.
I am seeing the issue posted here though:

Long story short, on a MIDI track, if you set it as ā€œPlays Freeā€ with Trig Quant on Direct it only seems to play either the first bar or the first trig (canā€™t quite discern on my end) of the pattern.
So if I have a bassline that goes C, E, G, A, with each note trigged on the first beat of each bar/page, it will only play the C then stops.
Oddly 1/16th Trig Quant works fine, but feels a little slow.
Itā€™s a small thing but frustrating as itā€™d be ace to have that direct control over MIDI tracks.

Iā€™ve given up. Iā€™m done.

Iā€™m still seeing this behavior despite it being listed as fixed: ā€œWhen reloading an FX parameter page of an unsaved part, it did not reload the correct default parameter values.ā€. The end result for me is that scenes donā€™t work correctly until I save all Parts in a project. Only the most recently created scene is active until I do the Part save, then all is well.

Edit: I also have to do the Part save again if I switch banks.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just me? Reported it.

Do you mean after randomize? Iā€™m not totally sure, but isnā€™t this bug fix related to randomize?

I usually donā€™t save parts, for me, after PAGE+YES for randomize, PAGE+NO should recall the last state before randomizing stuff.
Last saved or default if you didnā€™t save seems to be the behavior no?

Anyway, feature request for randomized trigs / scenes.

I may have misdescribed this - here is the exact workflow:

Track 8 = Master
Set FX2 to Lo-Fi
Create a Scene with the filter on FX1
Randomize the FX2 Lo-Fi parameters
Lock the randomized FX2 parameters to a Scene
Clear the randomize

At this point I am not able to switch to any other existing scenes until I save all Parts.

1 Like

Ah, that explains why my OT kept freezing today. I just got it and was hopping off and on USB disk mode to organize samples (OSX 10.15.7 and OT 1.40A).

2 Likes

Another usb / mac caseā€¦

2 Likes

Another one that happened to me when I was setting up for a livestream yesterday that I havenā€™t recreated:

I had a compressor in effect slot 1 and an EQ in effect slot 2 but decided I wanted the EQ to be pre-compressor, so I copied slot 1 one pasted it into slot 2. When I pasted, the parameter values changed as expected but the actual effect type didnā€™t change until I double tapped the effect 2 button to bring up the effect 2 setup menu. In the setup menu the compressor was already slecected and when I returned to the effect 2 main page it was now showing the compressor, so what seems to have happened is it was pasted correctly but it was still displaying the old effect type (with the new parameters) until I left the page and returned. Iā€™ll try to recreate it later today.

When I copy track pages itā€™s usually between different tracks so maybe this is an existing bug I never encountered before, but itā€™s new to me.

EDIT: just recreated it, when copying effect slot 1 and pasting into effect slot 2 the parameter values displayed change immediately but the effect and parameter NAMES donā€™t change until I leave effect slot 2 and then return to it. Additionally, if I paste effect slot 1 to effect slot 2, leave and return to effect slot 2 so that itā€™s displaying the correct labels/name and then reload the current part the same thing happens - the parameter values I pasted into effect slot 2 revert but the name off the loaded effect and parameters donā€™t change until I leave and return to slot 2.

Has anyone had this happen with a previous OS version? If itā€™s not already a known bug Iā€™ll submit a ticket.

1 Like

Bug report:

Oct MK1 1.40A
When on Mixer page - FUNC + trigger 1-16 wont dim the trigger led, to show which tracks will be muted / unmuted.

• you only see which channels will be muted/unmuted on the display

Cheers

Bug report:

Oct MK1 1.40A

Compared to Analog series - while holding down a trigger with plocks, you dont get dimmed leds on pages where the parameters are plockedā€¦

I mentioned this, convinced it was a thing, but apparently it was never the case. You only get those LED indications when Scenes are used, nor for p-locks.

Found a possible issue with the new tempo per pattern feature. Sometimes if I change pattern, but hit stop before it reaches the end of the one currently playing, then when I hit play again the next pattern will play at the tempo of the previous one. Hitting stop and then play again reverts it to the tempo it should be at. This only happens if I hit stop after selecting a pattern change, itā€™s fine the rest of the time.

3 Likes

Are you sure you are using 1.40A? A similar bug was fixed there.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a really strange bug where I have two pick up machines and both are set as slaves, and when one is a master that is a slave at the same time!! theyre set to quantise against the pattern at 64 steps. Iā€™ve re-initialised tracks and the pickup machine comes back as a slave without even starting the sequencer. this happens for both. the issue then sometimes forces one of the record buffers to be set to a max length much greater than what i want, even with reserve lengths trimmed right down to zero in settings. even weirder is the recoding starts at 65 steps and then ends at 512! so my recorded loop wonā€™t play back until it comes back around again.

When I start a fresh project itā€™s clean butt he issue seems to manifest itself when I have two machines running and I stop one of the tracks.

Does anyone else have this issue? Highlighting track 1ā€™s delay by Holding Trig 9 and then pressing and holding Trig 2 starts glitching the heck out of track 2 even though Iā€™m not selecting it. It literally does what you see on the slider to the sound on track 2 when this happensā€¦

1 Like

1.40a Mk2
On a previous project (a big one with all my tracks in) I cannot mute tracks any more. I can func > mute the led (green to yellow) but the sound doesnā€™t mute.
If I go to the MIX page , the LEDs are green on tr1 and 8, and the rest are dim red. These donā€™t mute anything either.
This doesnā€™t make sense
Any ideas ?