Octatrack: Not in stock at Sweetwater

we have them here at www.altomusic.com too!

2 Likes

Thought the same initially, but the message said they should have them in a few days, so I made an order. They told me yesterday they’re back in stock and should receive mine tomorrow.

1 Like

is not left behind, a new update is coming apparently

1 Like

Source? Would be a nice surprise.

To answer the question about what would be mk3 requests:

• Usb midi (and overbridge would be gr8)
    -all new fx, that sound less digital in a bad way
  • thats all folks. Its near perfect. Maybe some nice graphics.
1 Like

Im really sorry but i can find the post where someone, apparently from elektron, said that a new update is coming but he/she cant say when. I can’t be the only one seeing that post! Ppl help us here!

4 Likes

I’d be so pissed if a new one came out and I just purchased one. Those things are not cheap! lol

I personally don’t think a new Octatrack would come out, the mkII is as already been stated a facelifted and slightly improved mkI, I think that Elektron have shown us that they do not like to revisit or redo what they already did before (mkII concept aside) and I understand why and I’m quite glad that they continue to innovate and stay fresh, rather than selling incremental improvements every other year like for example Akai do.

9 Likes

Agree that the effects are lacking, especially compared to the digi series.

A word or 2 are missing? :smile:

14 different fx
2 fx per track, up to 8 Fx with neighbors, up to 16 with tricks
Master fx option
Fx send possible with Cue record.
External fx loop possible
Realtime sampling / mangling = crazy fx
Feedback possible
48 lfos

Filters, Eq, Comb Filters and Compressor are really good, delay quality is quite similar to Digis / Analogs. I prefer Analogs reverb, similar to digis.

8 Likes

Haha!

I agree there are a lot of effects and most quite capable. Some of them, the verbs in particular seem a bit shrill to me, especially in comparison to the digi’s.

1 Like

Yeah reverb is not quite as good but flexibility makes up for it IMO. Dark Reverb is very good with a few tweaks

5 Likes

if only there was a second set of stereo outs and ins to wire the OT up with a top notch reverb, something even better than the A4/AR/Digi reverb
:thinking:

9 Likes

Cue works for this though

Good thing I realized my Sweet Care card doesn’t have enough on it…LOL LOSER IS I… but had enough for a MicroFreak for shits and gigs!

2 Likes

Or else?!?

Or else? Not following the question.

Or what?

1 Like

Or Where?

1 Like

great talk, everyone.

2 Likes