Octatrack - no audio out

Hi All. First post. I’m returning to the world of Octatrack after a couple year break.

I got one used and there is zero audio coming out, headphone or main outs.

Everything is up on the mixer. I tried creating a new set/project. I tried re-installing the OS. Uh… I don’t know what to do.

Any ideas?

Go here: http://webchat.esper.net/

Put in a nickname

Channel is: #Elektron

Went through and did a chunk of testing.

Couldn’t see anything obvious, but I don’t know how to use the Octatrack, so might have missed some settings…

Can’t hear anything… from Static, Thru or the Metronome.

Factory reset provided no joy, and test mode all says ok…

Sounds like a busted or loose/disconnected amp/output board.

Anyone else have any ideas to help out man out?

Have you triggered each channel? That one gets me occasionally.

Not quite sure what you mean, but I difinitely had some triggers engaged.

Had you been triggering the octatrack with a midi device prior to the problem?

What confused me was not even being able to hear the Metronome?

Ok, definitely not the problem I am thinking of then.

Did you ask the seller about it? Seems broken to me

Yeah. The seller is being communicative and nice, and he swears it was working fine for him. I think something broke in shipping. It wasn’t super padded.

But the seller is trying to get Elektron support involved while the unit is in my hands. That’s reasonable for the time being, especially since he says he knows the CEO from the USA division. But I’m concerned that while we mess with that, the period in which he can file a claim with FedEx will expire. If that happens, and Elektron doesn’t pull through with a new box, I’m going to be stuck with it. Last resort is a Paypal claim, which I think goes out 60 days from purchase?

Weird side effect of all this - having more time to think about it, I think for the moment I would rather have at Rtym. I love the OT (I had one before for a little while, about 3 years ago) but right now I just want quick beat creation. OT later, maybe v2.

By the way, I want to give Rusty a public thank you for walking me through a thorough troubleshooting session. Super helpful and generous with his time! Thanks Man!

More then welcome dude, thats why I get paid the big bucks. Just sorry couldn’t resolve the issue.

I’m having this identical problem
No sound at all. No metronome, no trigs nothing. Im brand new, never touched an octatrack, and I have a mk1. Bought it used and it arrived. I followed a very simple tutorial for putting one sound on one trig and nothing. Is there some test I can do to be sure I have np sound

All I can suggest is to load a new project. Then try again. Try headphones too. See if there is any sound coming out of the headphones.
Also…Did you lad your own sounds? Maybe try loading samples you know. When browsing the sounds, try hitting func-yes to preview the samples.

Hold down the [FUNC] key while powering up the Octatrack to access the startup menu. From there press trig 1 to start the internal tests.

3 Likes

I was having the same issue and was able to fix it by holding down the [FUNC] key while powering up and then pressing trig1, as suggested by @tnussb above. Then I turned off the device, and back on.

Then I noticed that the “pin” to remove the memory card was sticking out, so I turned off the device, pressed the pin, re-inserted the memory card, and turned the device back on.

This sequence of steps fixed it for me, not sure exactly which one. Maybe this will be of help to others.

Just thought I’d mention that I was having the same issue this morning. I applied the ‘fix’ mentioned in the couple of posts above and all is well.

A known bug : no audio out if CC OUT is set to EXT.

1 Like

having a no audio out of main out issue. I can hear audio thru headphones but not mains…i don’t use the OT that often so get a little lost when sh*t like this happens. any help appreciated. tnx