Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Missed the tracking email, mine comes Monday from Alto! Hoping for 131 (my birthday, Jan 31)

1 Like

I think I got em all down to see which number units are left (29 spoken for)

37, 58, 61, 67, 71, 78, 79, 85,
139, 147, 157, 183, 184, 186, 191, 195,
203, 217, 235, 238, 241, 274, 280, 282,
305, 325, 340, 343, 347

second pair of buddies 78-79!

my new friend just arrived as well, im #139 Bay Area. damn i didnt get the number i was hoping for but boy is this one sexy machine!

reply here to add your new friend to the list

5 Likes

You’re favorite car?

Peugeot 305 !

4 Likes

139 in numerology is associated with unforeseen situations and events, but also with changes. In some cases, this can be symbolically compared to death, and it signifies something that is difficult to accept, although it is in fact a path, or an evolution, towards better understanding or personal growth.

We’re not talking about a simple looping device!

4 Likes

Done many times!
You don’t even need white noise! Record inputs without anything plugged > alive stereo noise!

:loopy: :elot: Comb Comp Contest!

9 Likes

That’s dope !!!

1 Like

Have it in stock at DLX Music in Oslo,Norway. Its 1700 euros tho haha.
https://www.dlxmusic.no/produkter/tangenter/trommemaskiner/elektron-octatrack-mkii-ae

@LyingDalai and @sezare56

Exactly what I’m talking about. I don’t quite get it, I don’t quite understand why (and I definitely can’t do it myself) but that’s also why it’s so awesome someone does something like that. :upside_down_face:

@korpinen Because it is fun!

Whole album of such stuff:

3 Likes

they found my AE, they will send it back to me asap

7 Likes

When you commit to play with hard boundaries, you necessarily discover new ways of playing music, or at least use your instrument.

Limits make me want to push them, what instinctively triggers my creativity.

4 Likes

Of course, my idea of having fun with OT is just different. You know, if I want to bake bread, I’m perfectly fine with buying the flour from a grocery store and not go cut down trees and plant rye or wheat and wait for the crops to grow. Got huge respect for the OT gurus here!

Very much agreed, just enjoy a different approach to pushing my creative boundaries. I’m only 18 months into my OT cycle and have been taking it slow because I’m confident it’s an instrument for life. Not gonna rush it therefore.

1 Like

Originally these exercises were designed to help users explore the machines, I recommend trying it if you feel like it!

But yeah, no right or wrong way to use the OT, that is the beauty of it, tons to explore.

5 Likes

Super impressive stuff! I’m still trying to figure out how to make the things that come out of it sound nice and full. It doesn’t come as easily as it does on the Rytm. Perhaps a little white noise experiment is in order to get more familiar with it.

hah, my bad actually as I thought no one would notice as I saw it still available at michenaud and audiosolutions. both sold out now :-/

Hadn’t seen any comparison picks yet, the AE has a smoother flatter finish than the gray box.

15 Likes

I saw a lot of ot MK2 pics here and on the second hand market sites. And what I noticed is that the paint of it always looks different. Sometimes it’s greenish than grey and so on. Does anybody see this too or am I going nuts… :dizzy_face::mask::exploding_head:

Btw. Nice buchla in the bg.

2 Likes