Octatrack Masterclass 22 hours Video Tutorials - Part 1 is released

Hi Guys,

finally I finished my first part of the Octatrack Masterclass Video Course (in german), which covers the basics (static machine, sequencing, parts, scenes, working with (loooong) samples, perfoming tricks, djing stems and so on). It has a duration of 6 hours :slight_smile: https://www.dvd-lernkurs.de/elektron-octatrack-masterclass-teil-1-grundlagen.html

Part 2 - 4 are covering the rest (Sampling with Flex/Pickup, MIDI Sequencer & Remote, working with FX and so on) and will be released later (july, august). I recorded most of them, but it has to be edited and stuff like that.

All in all the Masterclass has a duration of 22 hours :smiley: I’am so happy to share this news, it took me a lot of time to produce this beast :wink:

Best, Kai

38 Likes

Is your masterclass German-only?

Yes, german-only … I guess a translation would be to complex :frowning:

1 Like

Dope! Your AR MK 1 Tutorial series for recording.de back in the days was awesome and got me kickstarted with the AR back then!

1 Like

Congratulations. I believe it will be great education Experience - like last AR Sound design Video.

For non-German speakers: just watching this Video is worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha nice :smiley: The AR was my gateway to the Elektron world :wink: Did you know that I’ve released a Sounddesign course for the Rytm as well?

Best, Kai

1 Like

I hope so :slight_smile: The OT is such a versatile tool like a DAW in hardware with a tiny tiny screen haha

Thanks for the video and looking forward to the rest of the series! It’s a good chance to practice my German, too :slight_smile:

Good thing it’s in german!:cactus:

Time to find a German friend to watch this with me. Congrats on your achievement. 22 hours is no run in the park.

1 Like

Where’s the link to the masterclass to learn German ?

13 Likes

Hey,

Part 2 Dynamic Sampling of my german Octatrack masterclass is now available :slight_smile:

Best, Kai

7 Likes

I wish I could speak German right about now haha

Here is the English SRT(subtitle).

Just go to manager and add it to your video[German (auto-generated)] Elektron Octatrack Masterclass - Grundlagen - Vorstellung des Trainings [DownSub.com] (1).srt (6.2 KB)

Part 2

[German (auto-generated)] Elektron Octatrack Masterclass II - Dynamic Sampling - Vorstellung des Trainings [DownSub.com] (1).srt (6.8 KB)

14 Likes

In case someone is on the fence if this is worth it: I purchased the full bundle and can recommend it for sure. I‘m still on chapter one and the lessons are very thorough and well structured. Since I‘m not a complete beginner in the Elektron workflow and already knew a few things about the Octatrack workflow before watching the videos I‘m glad that I started from scratch with the tutorial as I‘ve understood a few things better after and also learned some new tricks.
Not sure if it works fine with generated subtitles but if you speak German, then this is the best tutorial you’ll find.
It’s a lot of info though so prepare to rewatch certain parts.

2 Likes

Darn wish I knew German :slight_smile:
The videos are quite well done and I am re-learning my OT after a long absence.

1 Like

I’d be all over this too but I have zero German skills.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this feedback :smiley:

Best, Kai

2 Likes

Looks really really good! Will buy the bundle with my next loan.

Yea I feel it’s a bit too costly to get into. Maybe something for black friday with a -50% deal :ok_hand:t2: @twinnpeaks? :diddly:

1 Like