Octatrack: Is buying this a mistake in 2022

No

17 Likes

PS

My OT is currently en route to Sweden, to be serviced. Props to Elektron customer care.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve missed any gear like I do now. OT hasnā€™t been in the spotlight of my music since most of my time with it, but in its assisting role, as a mixer & looper, itā€™s always been there and is missed strongly. I donā€™t really know how to compose without it - itā€™s loop sampling and rearranging is really at the heart of how I bring together the building blocks of my music.

3 Likes

Maybe but i canā€™t wait to sell mine for 3k euros after Elektron announce the funeral :slight_smile:

I got one last week. Wish I would have acquired one earlier.

Oops! I meant: ā€œitā€™s confusing and sounds flat and thinā€.

The manual does kind of suck but searching this forum and YouTube made it pretty straight forward so far.

2 Likes

:joy: here we go

1 Like

Whats a mistake?

Only if you had the resources to buy one in 2021 and didnā€™t.

4 Likes

I was a mistake, apparently.

ā€œa happy mistakeā€ >_<

2 Likes

Elektron it seems generally doesnā€™t make old gear obsolete with new releases imho.

So what you buy today will still be as good as ever tomorrow, no matter what they could possibly release tomorrow/wednesday/whenever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another one of these threads.
ā€¦
Zz
Zzzzzz

4 Likes

You might as well start the individual threads now before hand, and debunk them first thing :joy:

1 Like

2022 OT sounds better than 2021 OT. Elektron re-buffed the buffers this year so it is much crisper in high-mids, low-mids, and mid-mids. Treble is still thin.

14 Likes

OTā€™s are going to out value bitcoin one day. ā€˜mark my wordsā€™
Best investment EVER!
Machinedrums are cool too but Octatrack is cooler.

3 Likes

Damn, i hate hypes. Now i have to sell mine because itā€™s gonna be a super hype

2 Likes

Buying an instrument in 2022 is hardly ever a mistake unless you lost all your limbs in 2021.

Already march. I was wondering how long to wait for this thread

3 Likes

Not buying its protective lid in 2021 was a mistake. Corrected in 2022. What a smashing look :robot:

yes, big mistake in 2022,
but good idea in 2023.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this hereā€¦

9 Likes

I admit, much of the important groundwork had been done by you. Still, a collective effort, I feel

2 Likes