Octatrack 1.40

I’m too pleased

1 Like

Maybe 2020 doesn’t suck so bad after all… Thanks Elektron! Love and long live your magic music machines!

10 Likes

Ok lets not get wild now. 2020 was still horrific…

15 Likes

Sorry for the language but fucking hell, I had made peace with myself that I was over the Octatrack but this is giving me that old familiar GAS feeling all over again. I had only just written a comment on one other thread saying I’d likely never go back to it ffs.

I’ll continue to try to resist but guaranteed now I’ll have one if these again by end of Q1 next year :joy:

5 Likes

Say what… you can change slots?

1 Like

Press [TRIG] + [CUE] to preview a step on an audio track on the CUE outputs. Press [TRIG] + [YES]/[CUE] to preview a step on a MIDI track.

Do you realize how much this pleases me?

10 Likes

fuck yea

1 Like

You can set trig modes for each track, and have them trigger over midi, it is very cool.

7 Likes

Amazing just got a whole lot more amazing.
Thx much Elektronians!

Like a record trig?

This means I can finally get Direct Jump on the OT by using the AR to slices and slots. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

16 Tracks until infinity :fire:

(2x8 FTW)

3 Likes

Amazing. I feel like they added just about everything thats been requested. Great stuff Elektron. The anniversary edition OT looks super sick as well

Looks like I’ll be bringing this back into my setup after a long OT holiday…used mk2 here I come <3

Oh man. TRIG+YES and editing multiple trigs at the same time are two of the things that made the DT so much quicker and easier to work with than the OT in my opinion. Now they’re both on the OT! Thank you so much for this update!

24 Likes

Yeah it’s so wonderful :blush:
Still updating a maxed out machine is very impressive. Stoked!

12 Likes

As an OT user, I´m very happy!

It has already been mentioned but it definitely deserves a lot of praise for @Elektron to give their products such an extensive life cycle and show all those other companies that it can be done without giving up new product development. The only thing I regret is that I didn´t get an Elektron device much earlier.

20 Likes

Wanna personally thank you for your hard work advocating for it! Your videos and the thread you made were probably instrumental in convincing them that this was something users wanted.

14 Likes

Haha, thanks a lot :smiley: I’m just glad the feature was requested as much as it was even before I made the videos.

15 Likes

You can already do record trigs over midi in standard mode, the new midi trig modes allow you to set a track to trig mode slices or slots, then play the slices or slots from midi - very handy!

6 Likes