Octatrack 1.40

A thoughts just dawned on me. Theres going to be a lot of NEW Octatrack users with this and the new release. You know what that means folks. Gurus prepare yourself for the onslaught of Newbie questions. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ones with vague titles like: ‘My Octatrack is BROKEN. Please HELP!’ And then basically no information in the post haha. Joking, ofc, as we’ve all been there. There’s a perfect Maltese (and Arabic) word for this: Miskin. Pronounced Miskeen. Meaning, in a deeply patronising way, aww, you poor thing. Haha

9 Likes

Yep, it’s an already confirmed bug. I’m sure Elektron will fix it.

3 Likes

Are you that very Pom Pom from A-TON?

Sorry to dissapoimt :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cheers. Had missed that channel

I think possibly OT is longest in production sampler, I can’t think of any other?

8 Likes

Should they really get one though? Is it worth it?

4 Likes

It’s still there and I do shamelessly take a bit of credit for that :crazy_face:
I told the developers pretty please not to fix this bug (and that is really what it is) because I think it’s almost like an odd little easter egg now. That in combination with throwing other things at them to do, kept them too busy to deal with that bug/function/oddity :yum:

46 Likes

How stable would you say it is to save a project with that exploit? I’d be nervous to do it.

I have always wanted reverb on slot one! Gonna try this.

Honestly, I would say its not very stable and it is a bit limited since you cant change the parameters once you have pasted it to slot 1 (I think). I would not recommend using it for something that is crucial and god knows what strangeness it can introduce. This is why they are eyeing to fix it… Im sure it can be exploited in a good way, but I would suggest to treat it a bit like a novelty. Not sure even what happens if you save a track and then reload it. Does it still work?

1 Like

No idea. I know you can setup scenes before pasting and it’ll control the verb :laughing:

5 Likes

It certainly is. If you need some choclates to distract the developers, I’m sure we can crowd found a ridicously huge amount and organize shipping to you.

:elot: :heart:

5 Likes

From Gaz Williams :

3 Likes

@gaz posted it already here Tchu

but of course:

repetition works
repetition works
repetition works
re…

:rofl:

1 Like

Well I’ll be a space monkey’s unclenaut, the flex overlords have awakened from their slumber… :monkey::sparkles: :elot:

20 Likes

I can finally upgrade! Djeeeeesssus have been searching for this guy for hours :man_facepalming:

Goodnight
:elot: :headphones: :wave:

9 Likes

This thread goes so fast.

1 Like

It could be said that the Roland SP-404 (2005) has been in production longer, allowing for the later SX and A variants.

16 Likes