Octatrack 1.40

:+1:

1 Like

hey with midi loopback and midi slot triggering, now you basically have sample flip. lmfao, what’s it going to sound like with an arpeggiator chattering through sample slots

2 Likes

Pretty bad with my efforts so far, but that’s pretty on brand for me.

6 Likes

Thanks to the Nauts who don’t have an OT and still come in here and applaud for Elektron and the other HAPPY Nauts with OT’s.

Showing great spirit in a world that is also full of envy and negativity.

14 Likes

I don’t know if this changed in 1.40 or not, but it works for me in 1.40.

THE thing to bare in mind, is you can only paste once the new pattern is ACTIVE.

this can feel a bit confusing until you know whats going on.
example:
you are on pattern A01, and its 64 steps long and pattern switching is patten length (plen).
so sequencer is play, you copy pattern.
then you switch pattern to A02
its showing A02 (blank), but display as A01-> A02, so its transitioning…
if you paste now, nothing will happen ! (since A02 is not active yet)

then it switches to A02, now you can now paste.
(iirc, the paste will happen in time when it loops around!?)

ok, in the empty pattern example this is not very useful, since its silent.
but if you prepare A02 with something else… then you don’t get silence, then you can paste in a new sequence.

for sure, I think many of us would love to be able to paste into a pattern without selecting it.
this would open up lots of performance possibilities.
perhaps we can hope for this in 1.50 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

OctaFresh!

all the new things made possible with this update I ass-umed would never happen.

Stunned Mullet here :star_struck:

Legendary OS improvements… A thousand thanks to Elektron

1 Like

Just add the ability to copy and paste the current pattern into a new pattern while the sequencer is running, and I will be an even happier boy.

5 Likes

well thats possible… I was doing this yesterday… which is I why I gave the details of how above :wink:

1 Like

@sezare56

Hi, I saw your Octatrack video where you sliced 64 notes from the Rhodes, it’s really nice
How did you prepared the sample ? Did you record notes one by one ? With OT ? Octachainer ?
Thank you

do any Elektron boxes do this? the copy/paste approach has been the same since the Machinedrum for me, so I’ve been living with it for 18 years and haven’t tried anything else with 'em.

Muchas gracias Elektron!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

[mod edit: you may discuss here]
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/new-video-of-every-new-octatrack-1-4-feature/143326/11

9 Likes

On every other Elektron machine, you can copy the current pattern and paste it in another place while it’s playing.
Way to do this is

• Fn+Copy when grid mode is deactivated
  • hold Pattern + trig and then hold the paste button until the screen countdown is over
12 Likes

Or just do a template and save as another project.

1 Like

I think this update just reinforces the fact that the Octatrack is now considered a modern classic. I cant think of any other equipment receiving an update after 10 years. Well maybe the Prophet 5/10 blah blah blah.

4 Likes

oh damn! never knew it! :exploding_head:

kind of obtuse/hidden, but only because I’m used to only accessing copy/paste option via holding Function. definitely a nice thing to have. :+1:

yep - it’s one of the best features of the analogs and onwards

copy ahead i’d call it - you don’t leave the current pattern and you don’t stop the sequencer - great for improvising variations

4 Likes

With OT! I took a Soundfont, extracted waves.
Only 3 notes per octave so I had to pitch them for the gaps. I decreased decay. 64 trigs, 30 bpm, Scale 1/8. I ended with a 43MB files. RAM consuming ! (Clicky with Statics, maybe not once recorded).

4 Likes

Sadly still clicks, but not always, think it is a caching issue.

1 Like

You have to save Parts. They are a bit like Kits on the Analog series.
Unlike the Digi series, this makes it possible to use the same Part across several patterns.
You have 4 Parts per Bank, so you need to share them between the 16 Patterns of the Bank.
Well, what you really need actually is to rtfm :expressionless:

3 Likes