Octatrack 1.40

it kind of blows the doors open on how you can use it now. up to 128 samples accessible, playable. At once. is that right??

1 Like

RIGHT!!! absolutely game changing capability addition for what the machine is designed to do…twist and mangle bits of audio and lay them out in rhythmic sequence

Not to be That Person but I still wish it were possible to name MIDI CC parameters :grimacing:

10 Likes

Yeehaw! thank you!

The USB on my MKII has literally never been picked up on my Mac, no matter what order I do things in or what incantations I use. I always drop the update on the CF card for this reason.

Edit: oops, replied before seeing there were already a zillion suggestions for this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol this is unreal, they just knocked off my entire pipe-dream wishlist of features in one update. Thanks Elektron you mad bastards!

6 Likes

And while we’re at it, save it as an ext machine definition :smiley:

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:
THANK YOU ELEKTRON!!!

1 Like

The simultaneous multiple trig changes/copying is the biggie. And bpm per pattern. Both were/caused frustrations for me.

I never used mine heavily with midi but the added functionality there is another big one. And after seeing randomise on other machines I had wished for it on OT!

All round, a super solid update.

7 Likes

Exactly my first thought too! Gonna lay this out when I get a minute on the DK and see how it feels.

1 Like

You Win! Perfect!

I know this was probably the last update for the Octatrack… but I actually REALLY want one last thing. And that is to be able to save Parts and load them into new projects and banks… that way we would have a template system… this would really be a big one for me actually…

But I’m veeeery happy with this update.

9 Likes

proj — midi — control — audio note in — map/track

2 Likes

Can you tell us more about your idea?

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH ELEKTRON ! :star_struck:

I know what i’ll be doing this weekend. Great news have been waiting for something like this for a while now and i was close to thinking that the OT might not get any love anymore but then Elektron announced this. So great to see that a company still invests in products after so many years after the initial realease and making Firmware Updates available to all Octatrack Users.

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying composing on the AR by padding in patterns of various time signatures and BPMS and using Direct Jump to jump between them on the fly. Bringing the OT into the mix is a no-go because it can’t do DJ. Now I can use the AR to sequence the slices or slots, thus giving the OT DJesque capabilities.

Obviously this is still a “workaround” and I’ll be sacrificing a number of things to do this. But it should be interesting.

4 Likes

Super Update. Two steps forward!

2 Likes

you have to save the part first for it to return to the correct saved state,
I’ve already asked support about this, they are aware of it

4 Likes

They certainly did most of the things on my wish list in this amazing update!

5 Likes

thank you for finally bringing multiple-step editing to the octatrack! that was the biggest thing I’ve been wishing for for years!

7 Likes