Octatrack 1.40

Sadly still clicks, but not always, think it is a caching issue.

1 Like

You have to save Parts. They are a bit like Kits on the Analog series.
Unlike the Digi series, this makes it possible to use the same Part across several patterns.
You have 4 Parts per Bank, so you need to share them between the 16 Patterns of the Bank.
Well, what you really need actually is to rtfm :expressionless:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tricks !
Is the soundfont file more interesting or precise than a .wav one or is it just the way you work ?

I don’t understand but the chromatic mode only works when I’m in the “Follow TM” mode

If I choose Map/Track, notes sent from midi tracks won’t be heard unless I go to the audio tracks,
Can’t hear no sound when the screen is on midi tracks :roll_eyes: :unamused:

I just want to thank @sezare56 for being such a reference with the OT (other things too). He’s always there to help the Community and to try new features and new tricks.

Un GROS MERCI!

Edit : if you didn’t subscribe to his YT Channel, please do.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVmX1OtQbKROOCEDt5KTgAQ

21 Likes

Yep! Reverb on FX1 slot hack

6 Likes

Thanks @Tchu! :content:
I’ll try to spend less time here and make more videos. But checking everyday!

9 Likes

Oh man. They could have fixed that. Big ups, Elektron.

4 Likes

Just recorded with my sliced Rhodes with Statics, seems to play nicely! Maybe you use long files? (43MB for mine).

1 Like

Map/track mode is the per/track mode … so it depends on which track you have to how the notes are mapped

1 Like

A moment of silence for those who regret flipping their OT’s a day before the 1.40 update.

:candle:

18 Likes

On my way to pick up a used MKII now because of this update. Almost feel bad for the guy.

12 Likes

Love to come back to 'Nauts and enjoy the nerdity here…also complies with my profile :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

what are the chances of elektron ever implementing instant pattern changes, and then the ability to set a target track as capture track to comp what you did as a new pattern

1 Like

Yay!

Chromatic up2 :joy:

1 Like

It’s possible on all the modern boxes. But not the octatrack currently.

Func+copy the pattern.

Hold pattern + the new slot and quickly hit paste and hold it. A dialog saying “paste pattern?” Will pop up with the normal pattern select countdown. If you hold through the countdown you’ll paste into that slot without leaving the current playing pattern.

It’d be great if they could squeeze that into a rewrite of the pattern select code but I’m stoked to be able to get to bank 16 one handed now thanks to the improved select times.

2 Likes

audio track receive the midi notes but it’s buggy because it receive per exemple only when i’m in audio tracks side and not the midi side of the OT

Thank you…Must save this in memory bank (my brain).

What a fitting celebration for 10 years of a magic machine! I’ve never owned an OT but this update and the upcoming stealth hawk version have me sold.

Can’t wait to join the party! :balloon: :birthday: :clinking_glasses: :balloon:

5 Likes