Octasmacked!

The price of this modern classic is rising ! evilbay is crazy like bermuda triangle as your item is unique, expect something out of the ordinary, i have to confess that i was tempting to place a bid. but at this price + restoration is out of range. anyway good luck with your sell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the early days of eBay, a friend of my girlfriend at the time made an auction for his “personal distaste for humanity” or something close to that, as joke. It got bit up to over $50,000 in the first three days, before eBay pulled it.

Around the same time, one of the Arriflex cameras they used to shoot The Road Warrior, including a full lens kit, sold for under $2,000. Even Hulk Hogan’s yacht didn’t go as high as that kid’s joke auction.

Not that he or anyone else expected him to actually get paid by the winner if it had stayed up, but still.

I also used to know a guy who made a decent living for a couple years around that time by buying bad landscape paintings at yard sales and thrift shops for $5 or less, painting in Godzilla, and putting them up with $100 starting bids. Apparently there are a bunch of people doing it now and it’s still a little cottage industry. I saw one in a sandwich shop last fall.

2 Likes

16 bids? wow.

edit: 26 bids

£376.23

2 weeks ago I missed a cheaper one (350€, no bids), with only 2 broken knobs…:tired_face:

1 Like

I can see this fetching thousands of pounds as a work of art, a statement, testimony to the anti-climax of misplaced expectation all wrapped up in a box that costs more than some people earn in a year. With footprint adornment from the artist himself. Ashes of the manual will be the subject of the History Channel in many years to come, with stories of the Vatican and the Antarctic, shapeshifting celebrities hand signing the ‘crossfader’ at decadent ceremonies celebrating the very use of the mighty OT Megalith.

Or maybe someone lost their temper and has a sense of humour about it after all.

1 Like

LOL, same here… more than once :frowning:

Can’t imagine… :smile:

4 Likes

I hope somebody will make a really nice music out of this…

I want to buy this, get some of the Swedish designers to autograph it with a nice silver marker, and maybe add “enjoy!” or something, mount it in a nice frame and then re-list it!

:elot: :heat:

Full disclosure—I love my :elot:

2 Likes

You guys realize it is not real Octatrack ?

there is rytm on the left side of it, and they should be the same size, right ?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s not a real Rytm :smiley:

1 Like

i got the impression some do not realize, and i wouldn’t want them to bid for properly smashed octatrack, when in fact it is just a a copy of a properly smashed octatrack. hahha

but its a great idea! i would love that on my wall, maybe i just buy one and smash it haha

If it‘s your first encounter with the OT banging it against the wall might come as a natural reaction anyway.

1 Like

Waow, when you zoom in :fearful:

11 Likes

octahacked

I actually believe it’s not a real picture. Feels photoshopped to me.
Shadow on the left bottom doesn’t fit the one from the other Elektron box. And there is a difference of blur between buttons. This and, as you underlined, the difference in size.
How can this be a fake ?!??

@trigger-happy ?

1 Like

I think it’s just inclined forward whereas the other machine is lying flat.

You want me to prove that it is a real OT? What is this, Trump’s Fake News Corner?
Occams Razor people, it’s a REAL abused OT, not a photoshopped FAKE OT part of a time consuming greater conspiracy to trick the general public into buying…a broken OT. FML
The size difference is because the old OT is sat on top of my newer one, if you look at the cables coming out of the back it’s really obvious, only two are connected to the upper OT, to test if it had any kind of sound, the rest are in another OT underneath. Also, they’re blurred too, not because I’m obscuring the truth about it’s unearthly origins, but because the blurring comes from, you know, a camera with a real lens. That’s what happens when you have a lens focussed on an area, with a large aperture setting.
Please accept any imagined condescendence as directed and real.

4 Likes

Yeah, with the shadows we can see it’s upper than the Rytm.
It’s yours ? Would it work with external midi control ?

its on top of another box. just coincidence that the bottom lines up perfectly.