Octasmacked!

Ah, a constructive question:) I’ll check it now actually…

1 Like

It doesn’t respond to MIDI in/out, but then the default project setting for the OT cannot be changed because of the screen, so I can’t check the MIDI S/R settings.
All I’ve worked out is if you press No/Exit once it’s booted up, you can press play on the sequencer and it runs. All the encoders feel fine, except for the level knob which is slightly bent, and the buttons are good too. I actually considered stripping it for parts, as I had to replace one of the scene buttons on my other OT and it cost a few bucks just for the button plus shipping.
Here’s another pic for the heathen unbelievers :wink:

Yeah but now do not destroy this too and DBTFM, read it! :smile:

So you bought another one? Love/hate relationship :joy:

Two Years later…
lel

18 Likes

Yeah, they’re a killer machine, but IMO were just released without prior oversight on the learning curve/manual. Patience is a hard earned trait.

Fixed that for you. :slight_smile:

The Rytm gave me back some faith in Elektron’s UI design, it took one night to learn that machine, the Octatrack still has arcane and obscure features I’ve never used. Truthfully, I still upload my samples onto the OT, as the sampling functions are a PITA to use for the way I work.

1 Like

I’m waiting for mine!!

Are so powerful ! It can be used simply, it’s not easy to choose the right options.
Just ask here ! :slight_smile:

Thank you, though I’m quite certain how to use it now. :smile:
If only there were 8 outputs instead of 4, and you could create trigless trigs that acted as loop points for long one shot samples I would be extremely happy.

1 Like

Ouch!!

hahha great

1 Like

this is the most bizarre thing i have ever experienced online, congratulations haha

Why did you smash it to bits rather than selling it though? And can you confirm if that is a footprint? Did you jump on it?

The prophecy has been fulfilled

3 Likes

Yeah, as you can see on the auction, that question has been answered. Stamped rather than jumped, via a lack of self control and a certain satisfaction derived from frustration. Air Max 90s in full effect.

4 Likes

376 quid thus far Trig, y’loon!
Let’s have a gentleman’s sweep on a finishing price?
I’m going all in on £547.63
:pound::crystal_ball::game_die:

1 Like

Easy with 2 OT ! :smile:

Workarounds with slices I guess. :thinking:
Slices can be looped, and have their own loop points…

Hey, maybe I was raised to suspicion because there are a lot of weird people out there, some of them being true artists with a Photoshop.
Sorry for doubting your genuine furiosity, I am half relieved this story is actually totally true !

Half (second hand) price for this OT, it’s becoming a true piece of art, man !

Congratulations, and thank you for the laugh !

That is the proper way to sell a non functional device- what a great era we’re in

2 Likes

Reckon this was Andy Stott’s.

Aye, I’m right. https://www.facebook.com/WeAreElektron/posts/10153811087307387

2 Likes