• Yes, but waiting for v2 release.

What Octatrack do you have?

• Octatrack MkI

What Octatrack OS are you using?

• OSv1.31

What OS are you using?

• OSX [ 10.9 to 10.15 ]

Any Feature requests?
Export to Ableton Live set ala Korg Electribe 2 (I know … wishful thinking).

3 Likes

That there chainer module’s looking mighty swell.

2 Likes

Already have OE
Mk1
Os 1.30D
Win 10

2 Likes

Sure? Isn’t 1.30D installed only on MKIIs?

1 Like

Sorry I forgot my suggestion, more a business opportunity extension. Your new service, training with you covering software and hardware. Could be an online training product.

2 Likes

That’s probably not going to happen I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Are you planning on buying OctaEdit?

• Yes, but waiting for v2 release.

• Octatrack MkI

• OSv1.30C or OSv1.30D (pretty sure)

What OS are you using?

• OSX [ 10.9 to 10.15 ]
2 Likes

I should really just try OctaEdit out but can you easily reorder tracks in a pattern because I may or may not be torturing myself with track orders right now

1 Like

Sequencer Module has a [ Swap Track nn with… ] function amongst other tricks. (Yes, that does work between Audio and Midi Tracks)

5 Likes

I feel the need to add this here as well, @Rusty
But I know you know this :slight_smile:

featuritis

7 Likes

There is a method to my madness… may not be obvious at first… but there is.

6 Likes

I’ve just had yet another presentation here at work about general usability and designing for intermediates instead of beginners and experts in our product development so I had this a bit closer to heart than usual :wink:

2 Likes

An Octatrack editor/librarian thingie must have featuritis by definition, no? :laughing:

1 Like

Then it’s all about improving performance to keep the user happy :wink:

1 Like

Have you seen some of the feature requests that have been posted just on this forum within the last 24 hours? Including this zinger… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No, have it.
MKI
1.30C
W10

2 Likes

Are you planning on buying OctaEdit?

• Yes, but waiting for v2

• Octatrack MkII

• OSv1.31

What OS are you using?

• OSX [ 10.9 to 10.15 ]
    10.14.5 Mojave

Any Feature requests?

:pizza::cat2:

3 Likes

no mention of gain adjustment in that post :wink:

Re: Gain adjustment:
the reason i´d like to see this in the sample chainer is:
it makes not only sense to have linear chains, like: all BDs or snares, but having wild chains with some more noisy samples and some more clear ones side by side.

what works in a musical context can´t be known exactly upfront.
The problem i stumble mostly uppon is the gain relation of one sample vs. the others.
most often would a correction of the gain of specific samples within the samplechain do the job,
taking all the hassle of p-locking gain off of the user ( anyway since the OT IMHO lacks one level of gain adjustment, “Velocity vs. Fader-(Gain-) locks” wise).

doing this work in a dedicated audio editor is a multitude of the work as it could be when integrarted in the sample chainer

For a Pickup, you have Mixer GAIN, Attributes GAIN, SRC / Playback GAIN, VOL, XVOL, LEVEL, XLEVEL, MAIN LEVEL, CUE LEVEL, MAIN CUE LEVEL. Not enough ? :content:

2 Likes

i know what Gainstaging possibilitys the OT has :wink:
but try to prove me wrong: (since my “real OT days” are years back)
i use the VOL setting in the AMP page to p-lock “Velocity” to single steps.
ok, now program a fader-lock that gives me a controlled (this index/amount settable by me) amp/gain enhance or decrease without knocking out my VOL p-locks on the AMP page, how ?
( NOT interested in max/min only settings !)
how ?

i refered to Velocity vs. Fader locks. ( p-locks vs. fader-locks), you might have overlooked that :wink:
i refer to a per step setting and then the Fader locks on top of that.
i´m not aware of anything…
since any “normal synth” has Velocity plus Volume ( CCable) would i say is it correct to refer to the OT as missing one level of per automation controllable gain setting ("edit: since the track volume is not under automation control) …which has been my point, just not phrased out fool proof.