OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I know you know we’re a couple of people who’d pay serious money for a dark trinity solution :wink:

3 Likes

Cheers to that! I spend a lot of time moving patterns around on my Dark Trinity. It would be supremely helpful to do it all “Octaedit “ style.
Absolutely willing to spend more $$ on that!

3 Likes

Day 13 : OctaEdit v2 LFO Designer Module

Completely re-wrote the entire LFO Designer module. All GUI, processes, logic etc.

The LFO Designer is available as a separate module.

In the Sequencer module the LFO Designer is presented in a compressed version; with the ability to expand to display the full Editor, Actions and Steps.

Features:

• Draw LFO Designs directly in the LFO Design; or fine tune with the individual step parameters. Can draw in interpolated or stepped mode via hot keys.

• Each step, both in the Design and the Steps group has context menus available with [ Default | Minimum | Maximum | Random | Toggle Interpolation | Values… ] functions available.

• Move the LFO Design [ Up | Down | Left | Right | Up by 10 | Down by 10 ]

• Copy | Paste | Load from Library | Save to Library | Reset | Invert | Reverse | Random ]

• Invert [ Design | Only Values | Only Interpolation ]

• Reverse [ Design | Only Values | Only Interpolation ]

• Randomise [ Design | Only Values | Only Interpolation | Odd Steps | Even Steps ]

• Sixteen (16) Preset Designs [ Saw | Inverted Saw | Stepped Saw | Inverted Stepped Saw | Square | Inverted Square | Triangle | Inverted Triangle | Stepped Triangle | Inverted Stepped Triangle | Binary On | Binary On Interpolation On | Binary On Interpolation Off | Binary Off | Binary Off Interpolation On | Binary Off Interpolation Off ]

• Step Mod: Used in combination with the other functions to only affect Steps between Step X and Step Y; e.g. Randomise between Step 04 and Step 07

• Range Mod: Used in combination with the other functions to only generate Values between Minimum and Maximum; e.g. Randomise between -27 and 42

• LFO Designer Module now dynamically interfaces with the Library Module.

• Drag/drop a Library Entry from the Library Module to the LFO Designer Module (More on that later / with the Library Module)

Caveat: Subject to change(s)

Cost? OctaEdit v2 will be a free upgrade to all existing users when released.

When? Release date TBD. Depends on how many Release Candidates are required, which will depend on user feedback, any bugs, change requests, feature requests etc. Will be rolling out [ OSX | OSX Legacy | Windows ] in that order.

11 Likes

Absolutely!

Just made a lot of chains for my OT tonight.
It was crazy fast, this tool is really perfect!

3 Likes

No. And that is function as designed.

When you are setting a Rest; you are also specifically setting that step to have a zero value; as that is it’s nature: No Note / Zero Value

Could I retain that and remember the Note? Of course. But then I am specifically engineering the Arp Designer to work in a different way to the Octatrack; and that would need to change when writing anyway; so a lot of work and potential changes for minimal benefit I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Wait till you see / play with the new and improved Chainer :wink:

5 Likes

No comment.

No comment.

No comment.

4 Likes

Got ya :wink: Jumps around the room :crazy_face:

basic, silly question here.

Could I use OctaEdit to easily transpose a part or whole sequence? (not just applying an effect in arranging or something similar but actually shift notes)

similarly, shifting a pattern to start, say, 16 steps out of 64 in?

Two things that have bothered me when messing around on the Octatrack

1 Like

As in move all Midi Notes / Parameter Locks on a range of Trigs Up/Down by NN values?

I don’t understand that question.

Octatrack will always start on Step 01 (Unless you use the Arranger [ Offset ] value )

Are you asking about moving existing Trigs Left/Right by NN Steps ?

yes to both.

1 Like

One way to achieve that is within the Step Editor.

You can move any Parameter Lock, and thus Note values, Up/Down by NN amount [ 1 | 5 | 7 | 10 | 12 | 20 ] for either a range of steps (e.g. Step 07 - Step 12 ) or for the entire length.

Few ways to skin that cat. Drag/drop the Steps. Move Left/Right by NN. Swap Bars…

2 Likes

It’s fun to keep watching all these new updates popping up every day. You’re on a roll Rusty!

If these no comments and MDedit are hinting at a forthcoming A4 editor/librarian I will probably find myself with less money.

3 Likes

Jussayin’ theres a definite need for an updated editor since STROM stopped developing :wink:

Many thanks!

1 Like

Agreed. It’s an effective marketing technique.
I’m already a custy but look forward to spending more.

2 Likes

But wait, there’s more…

There are a couple of reasons behind that.

2 Likes

I’ll take the tease!

I do not speak for Void. Let me make that clear. This is just from me.

There were changes in the OS, including SysEx changes, amongst others, therefore it required rewriting a bunch of stuff, at least that was my experience.

Last I heard from Void he was playing with lazers… I’d imagine that is a lot more fun and financially viable then making complex apps for a niche market, on your own, dealing with multi-platform, various OS’s, no support etc.

4 Likes